SPATIAL EVALUATION OF LAND AND SOIL PROPERTIES IN THE EXAMPLE OF NEVŞEHİR PROVINCE, TURKEY
Keywords:Land and Soil Properties, Geography Information Systems (GIS),, Spatial Mapping, Nevşehir Province, Turkey
In this study, some land and soil properties were spatially evaluated with the help of 1/25.000 scaled digital soil maps belonging to Center of province in the Central Anatolia Region, Turkey. Land use capability, large soil groups, soil depths, erosion, slope and spatial distributions of current land uses were carried out in the research. Arc GIS 10.3.1 software, which is one of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software, was used for spatial analysis. With a maximum of 262518 in the study area, VI. class lands. Class I cover an area of 247 . In terms of large soil groups, and soils are dominant and the area covered by these soils is 450187 . The least area was found to be reddish brown soils with 124 . It has been determined that the least area in the depth classes is A class (greater than 150 cm) soils. In the study area, it is the soil with the maximum C class (50-90 cm) depth. When the land was examined in terms of slope, it was determined that the land with the highest 3rd degree slope (12-20%) was formed. The research area consists of soil structure that can be exposed to the 2nd degree erosion class at most. When the current land uses are examined, it is the garden area with the least usage area in the region and the area it covers is 3400 . It has been observed that the most dry farming areas are located in the study area. It is thought that the results obtained as a result of the study will be the basis for the agricultural studies to be carried out in Center of province.
Anonymous, (2010). Arc GIS 10.3.1. ESRI Environmental System Research Institute. .
Anonymous, (2019). Nevşehir Tarımsal Verileri, Tarım ve Orman İl Müdürlüğü.
Anonymous, (2005). Toprak ve Arazi Sınıflaması Standartları Teknik Talimatı. Tarım ve Orman Bakanlığı. Retrieved from https://www.mevzuat.gov.tr/MevzuatMetin/1.5.5403.pdf
Anonyomous, (2000). Sayısal Toprak Haritaları, Mülga Köy Hizmetleri Genel Müdürlüğü. Ankara, Turkey:
Atalay, İ. (2006). Toprak Oluşumu, Sınıflandırılması ve Coğrafyası. Meta Basım Matbaa, İzmir. (in Turkish) .
Bağdatlı, M. C. & Arıkan, E. N. (2020). Evaluation of Monthly Maximum, Minimum and Average Temperature Changes Observed for Many Years in Nevsehir Province of Turkey. World Research Journal of Agricultural Science (WRJAS) 7(2), 2326–3997.
Bağdatlı, M. C. & Ballı, Y. (2019). Evaluation with Trend Analysis of The Open Surface Evaporation in Observed for Many Years: The Case Study in Nevsehir Province of Turkey. Recent Research in Science and Technology Journal (11) 2076–5061.
Can, E. (2021). Nevşehir Organize Sanayi Bölgesi Topraklarında Ağır Metal. Yüksek Lisans Tezi .
Çullu, M. A. (2012). Toprak Etüt Haritalama ve Toprak Yönetimi Gerekliliği. Toprak Bilimi ve Bitki Besleme Dergisi 1(1), 23–25.
Dengiz, O. & Sarıoğlu, F. E. (2011). Samsun ili bazı arazi özellikleri ve arazi kullanım durumlarının topoğrafik özellikleri ile birlikte CBS analizleri. Ege Üniversitesi Ziraat Fakültesi Dergisi 48(1), 55–60.
Engiz, A. M. (2007). Türkiye’de patates tohumluğu üretiminin ekonomik yönden değerlendirilmesi -Nevşehir örneği. Ankara Üniversitesi Fen Bilimleri Enstitüsü .
KANAR, E. & DENGİZ, O. (2015). Madendere Havzası Topraklarında Arazi Kullanım/Arazi Örtüsü ile Bazı Erozyon Duyarlılık İndeksleri Arasındaki İlişkinin Belirlenmesi. Türkiye Tarımsal Araştırmalar Dergisi 2(1), 15–27. Retrieved from https://dx.doi.org/10.19159/tutad.74524 DOI: https://doi.org/10.19159/tutad.74524
Mollavelioğlu, Ş. (2009). Sürdürülebilir Tarımın Ölçümü ve Türkiye Açısından Değerlendirilmesi, Hacettepe Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü. Doktora Tezi .
Ölgen, K. (2002). Dikili-Çandarlı Kıyılarında CBS ile Çevresel Duyarlılık Derecesinin Belirlenmesi. Türkiye’nin Kıyı ve Deniz Alanları IV. Ulusal Konferansı .
ÖZYAZICI, M. A., DENGİZ, O. & İMAMOĞLU, A. (2014). Siirt İli Bazı Arazi ve Toprak Özelliklerinin Coğrafi Bilgi Sistem Analizleriyle Değerlendirilmesi. Türkiye Tarımsal Araştırmalar Dergisi 1(2), 128. Retrieved from https://dx.doi.org/10.19159/tutad.67391 10.19159/tutad.67391 DOI: https://doi.org/10.19159/tutad.67391
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section