GIS MODELLING AND EVALUATION OF CLIMATE VARIABILITY IN KIZILIRMAK WATERSHED OF TURKEY
Keywords:Climate Variability, GIS Modelling, Kızılırmak Watershed, Turkey
This research was carried out within the scope of analyzing the temperature and precipitation values observed in the Kızılırmak watershed of Turkey between 2002 - 2016 and spatial modeling using GIS. In the study, Mann-Kendall, Spearman's Rho and Sen's trend slope method tests were applied to the climate data. Data from 13 meteorological stations in the Kızılırmak watershed were used. The general average of monthly maximum temperatures varied between 23.5 and 26.4 oC for many years. The general average of monthly minimum temperatures for many years is -4.5 - 1.2 oC. The total precipitation average was between 377.5 - 644.8 mm. As a result of the trend analyzes made at the 95% confidence level in the research, it was determined that there was an increasing trend in Kastamonu and Sivas meteorological stations at maximum temperatures, and an increasing trend in Çankırı, Gemerek and Kastamonu stations at minimum temperature changes. It was observed that there was a significant change in total precipitation at Kastamonu and Nevşehir stations.
Anonymous, (2010). Arc GIS 10.3.1 Software, ESRI Environmental System Research Institute. Redland, CA, USA
Anonymous, (2016). Kızılırmak Havzası Sıcaklık ve Yağış Verileri, Meteoroloji Genel Müdürlüğü, Ankara (in Turkish)
Delibaş, L. Albut, S. & Bağdatlı, M. C. (2016). Trakya Bölgesinde Uzun Yıllar Yağış ve Sıcaklık Değişimlerinin Coğrafi Bilgi Sistemleri (CBS) ve Trend Analizi Kullanılarak Kuraklık Açısından Değerlendirilmesi. http://acikerisim.nku.edu.tr:8080/xmlui/handle/20.500.11776/1086
Gümüş, V. (2006). Fırat Havzası Akımlarının Trend Analizi ile Değerlendirilmesi. Harran Üniversitesi Fen Bilimleri Enstitüsü, İnşaat Müh. ABD, YL Tezi, Şanlıurfa. (in Turkish). https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281822125_Asagi_Firat_Havzasi_Akimlarinin_Trend_Analizi_Ile_Degerlendirilmesi
Hou, H. S. & Andrews, H. C., (1978). Cubic splines for image interpolation and digital filtering, IEEE Trans. Acoust., Speech, Signal Processing, vol. ASSP-26. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASSP.1978.1163154 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TASSP.1978.1163154
Kendall, M.G. (1975). Rank Correlation Methods. Griffin. London, UK. https://psycnet.apa.org/record/1948-15040-000
Sen, P.K. (1968). Estimates of the regression coefficient based on Kendall's Tau. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 63(324), 1379-1389. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1968.10480934 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1968.10480934
Türkeş, M. (1996). İklim Değişiklikleri ve Ekosistemler Üzerindeki Olası Etkileri, Tübitak Dergisi, Ankara. (in Turkish)
Türkeş, M. (2002). Spatial and Temporal Variations in Precipitation and Aridity Index Series of Turkey. in: Mediterranean Climate Variability and Trends. Regional Climate Studies. Springer Verlag, Heidelberg, 181-213. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-55657-9_11 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-55657-9_11
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 M. Cüneyt Bağdatlı, Oğuzhan Arslan, Yiğitcan Ballı, Arzu Nefise Uğuz
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section