OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY RISK ANALYSIS OF ORGANIZED INDUSTRIAL ENTERPRISES IN NEVSEHIR PROVINCE OF TURKEY BY FINE-KINNEY METHOD
Keywords:Risk Analysis, Fine- Kinney Method, Occupational Safety, Organized Industry Enterprises, Nevsehir Province, Turkey
This research has been carried out within the scope of the solutions proposed for the evaluation of occupational safety risk analysis in 10 selected enterprises by random sampling in Organized Industrial Zone of Nevşehir province, Turkey and elimination of risk factors towards the results obtained. In scope of the study, Fine – Kinney method were used as risk assessment methods in each of the food, metal processing, machining and plastic firms. At the end of the study, a total of 122 risk factors have been identified in the whole enterprises. Commonly risks arising from falling from heights, fire, exposure to chemicals, electrical components and ergonomic situation insufficiency have been identified. In addition, risks such as insufficient environmental hygiene, lack of ventilation, excessive noise, inadequate training for emergency situations and insufficient use of protective equipment were determined. The identified risks were put forward by different method approaches and it was concluded that the findings were similar in all methods. The regulations and principles to be applied in order to eliminate or minimize the identified risks were discussed and the dimensions of the preventive measures were exhibited. As a result, audits of organized industrial enterprises related to occupational health and safety need to be conducted more strictly. In addition, the measures should put into practice in order to define identified risks and the issue should be monitored by the experts.
Anonymous 2013a, Kimyasal maddelerle çalışmalarda sağlık ve güvenlik önlemleri hakkında yönetmelik, (Regulation on health and safety measures in working with chemical substances) https://www.resmigazete.gov.tr/eskiler/2013/08/20130812-1.htm Access date (25.06.2019) (in Turkish)
Anonymous 2013b, İşyeri bina ve eklentilerinde alınacak sağlık ve güvenlik önlemlerine ilişkin yönetmelik, (Regulation on health and safety measures to be taken in workplace buildings and add-ons) https://www.resmigazete.gov.tr/eskiler/2013/07/20130717-2.htm Access date (25.06.2019) (in Turkish)
Anonymous 2013c, İş ekipmanlarının kullanımında sağlık ve güvenlik şartları yönetmeliği (Regulation on health and safety conditions in the use of work equipment) https://www.mevzuat.gov.tr/mevzuat?MevzuatNo=18318&MevzuatTur=7&MevzuatTertip=5 Access date (29.06.2019) (in Turkish)
Anonymous 2013d, Çalışanların gürültü ile ilgili risklerden korunmalarına dair yönetmelik, (Regulation on the protection of employees from risks related to noise)
Access date (26.06.2019) (in Turkish)
Anonymous 2013e, Çalışanların iş sağlığı ve güvenliği eğitimlerinin usul ve esasları hakkında yönetmelik (Regulation on the procedures and principles of the occupational health and safety training of employees)
Access date (20.06.2019) (in Turkish)
Anonymous 2013f, Hijyen eğitimi yönetmeliği, (Hygiene education regulations)
Access date (20.05.2019) (in Turkish) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0039-1692350
Bağdatlı, M. C., Kılıç, A. M., 2019. Occupational safety risk analysis and model approach strategies in Nevşehir organized industrial enterprises, Çukurova University, Institute of Science, MSc Thesis, Adana, Turkey, Thesis Number: 554869) Council of Higher Education in Turkey)
Kinney, G. F., Wiruth, A. D. 1976. Practical Risk Analysis for Safety Management (No. NWC-TP-5865). Naval Weapons Center China Lake CA.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section