STUDY AND PERFORMANCE OF SINGLE-PHASE RECTIFIERS WITH VARIOUS TYPE OF PARAMETER
Keywords:Rectifier, Half-wave rectification, Rectifier output smoothing
This paper represents the study of different types of single phase AC to DC step down converter. Performances and outputs have analyzed depending on the equations. Different parameters such as voltage gain, harmonic contents in input current, and parameters of changing output voltage are compared different type of single phase AC to DC converters. AC to DC converter is defined as rectifier. The main power supply system is alternating in nature. Rectification action is required to obtain DC supply from the main power supply which is
Mehran Mirjafari, Robert S. Balog, Multi-objective design optimization of renewable energy system inverters using a Descriptive language for the components, Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), 2011 Twenty-Sixth Annual IEEE, pp.1838 – 1845. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/APEC.2011.5744846
F. Blaabjerg, F. Iov, T. Kerekes, R. Teodorescu, ,Trends in power electronics and control of renewable energy systems, Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference (EPE/PEMC), 2010, pp. K-1 - K-19. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/EPEPEMC.2010.5606696
Maria IMECS, Csaba SZABO, Ioan Iov INCZE, Modeling and simulation of controlled bidirectional power electronic converters in a DC energy distribution line with AC grid- and motor-side active filtering, Power Electronics and Applications, 2007 ,pp.1–10. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/EPE.2007.4417753
R.S. Ramshaw, Power Electronics Semiconductor Switches (Chapman & Hall, London, 1993). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4757-6219-8
P.C. Sen, Power Electronics (Tata McGraw-Hill, 1988).
J. Schaefer, Rectifier Circuits: Theory and Design (Wiley, 1965).
G.J. Wakileh, Power Systems Harmonics (Springer, 2001). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-04343-1
M.H. Rashid (ed.), Power Electronics Handbook (Academic Press, 2001)
A.W. Kelley and W.F. Yadusky, Phase-controlled rectifier linecurrent harmonics and power factor as a function of firing angle and output filter inductance, Proc. APEC’90.
Eupec, Rectifier diode D 2601N, BIP AC / SM PB, 2002-05-31, Eupec Data Sheet.
Eupec, Phase control thyristor T 2871N, BIP AM / SM PB, 2002-04- 07, Eupec Data Sheet.
Powerex Inc., FT1500AU-240 Ultra high voltage thyristor, Powerex Data Sheet.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section