STUDY AND ANALYSIS OF ENERGY BANDS WITH VARIOUS TYPES OF CRYSTAL STRUCTURES
Keywords:Band Theory, Metals, insulators, crystal structures
The difference between conductors, insulators and semiconductors is to plot the available energies for electrons in the materials. Instead of having discrete energies as in the case of free atoms, the available energy states form bands. Energy bands occur in solids where the discreet energy levels of the individual atoms merge into bands which contain a large number of closely spaced energy levels.
Breakthroughs in Photonics 2010, IEEE photonics journal
John D Joannopoulos, Steven G Johnson, Joshua N Winn, Robert D Meade, Photonic Crystals, Molding the flow of light
E. Yablonovitch (1987), "Inhibited Spontaneous Emission in Solid-State Physics and Electronics" (PDF), Physical Review Letters 58 (20): 2059–2062 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.58.2059
Benedetto Troia, Antonia Paolicelli, Francesco De Leonardis and Vittorio M. N. Passaro Photonic Crystals for Optical Sensing: A Review, chapter 11, Advances in Photonic Crystals, (241-295)
Vittorio M. N. Passaro, Benedetto Troia, Mario La Notte and Francesco De Leonardis, Chemical Sensors Based on Photonic Structrures,5, Advances in Chemical Sensors, 20, January, 2012 DOI: https://doi.org/10.5772/30719
Ramesh Garg, Analytical and Computational Methods in Electromagnetics, 2008, Artech house, inc.
Toxicological profile for ammonia published by U.S. Department of Health And Human Services Public Health Service ,Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, September 2004
Environmental health criteria for ammonia Published under the joint sponsorship of the United Nations Environment Programme, the International Labour Organisation, and the World Health Organization ,1986
P. Karasinski, C. Tyszkiewicz and R. Rogozinski,Planar Evanescent Wave Ammonia Sensor — Influence of Refractive Index Profile on Sensor Properties.,Optical and Acoustical Methods in Science and Technology, acta physica polonica a, Vol. 120 (2011) DOI: https://doi.org/10.12693/APhysPolA.120.651
Teresa Grady, Thomas Butler, Brian D. MacCraith, Dermot Diamond and M. Anthony McKervey, Optical Sensor for Gaseous Ammonia With Tuneable Sensitivity, Analyst, August 1997, Vol. 122 (803–806) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1039/a701343d
S. Kuchyanov , P. A. Chubakov , H. Spisser and A. I. Plekhanov, Highly sensitive ammonia sensor using reflection of light at a glass - photonic crystal interface.
Nebiyu A. Yebo, Sreeprasanth Pulinthanathu Sree, Elisabeth Levrau, Christophe Detavernier, Zeger Hens, Johan A. Martens and Roel Baets , Selective and reversible ammonia gas detection with nanoporous film functionalized silicon photonic micro-ring resonator.,Optics express 11856, Vol. 20, No. 11, 21 May 2012 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.20.011855
Harshada J Patil, Indumathi T.S, Preeta Sharan, Layout design of photonic crystal based liquid refractive index sensor, International Journal of Advancements in Research & Technology, Volume 4, Issue 1, January -2015.
Ashwini N, Dr.Preeta Sharan, Dr.Srinivas Talabattula, Photonic crystal based chip for detection of toxic gases in air.
S.Robinson and R. Nakkeeran, Photonic Crystal based Sensor for Sensing the Salinity of Seawater,IEEE International Conference On Advances In Engineering, Science And Management (JCAESM -2012) March 30, 31, 2012
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section