EXPLORATION OF TRI HITA KARANA ORIENTED LOCAL CULTURE AS A LEARNING RESOURCE FOR FRACTIONS
Keywords:Local Culture, Learning Resources, Tri Hita Karana, Problem Solving, Fractions
The use of appropriate learning resources has the potential to improve students' ability in solving mathematical problems. This study aims to determine the local culture that is oriented towards Tri Hita Karana which can be used as a learning resource for fractions in an effort to improve students' problem solving abilities. This type of research is exploratory with the research subject of the teacher who teaches the fifth grade students of Elementary School Number 1 Bhaktiseraga Singaraja. Data on aspects of local culture that are oriented towards Tri Hita Karana which can be used as a learning resource for fractions were collected by means of questionnaires and interviews. The results showed that the aspects of local culture oriented to Tri Hita Karana that could be used for learning fractions were the mecaru ceremony, tumpek wariga, odalan, ngayah. These learning resources can be used for material integration or math problems.
Bawa Atmadja. (2020). Postgeneric Discourse on Tri Hita Karana in Balinese Society.Depok. Rajawali Press
Dopang Budiawan. (2018). The Philosophical Meaning of the Tumpek Kandang Ceremony and Environmental Harmony in the Cosmos System in Sangkan Pakraman Village, Mount Karangasem. Journal of Religious Science, 1(1), pp.19-35
Hiebert, J and Carpenter, T. (1992). Learning and Teaching With Understanding. Handbook of Research on Mathematics Teaching and Learning. New York : Macmillan Retrieved from https://books.google.co.in/books?hl=en&lr=&id=N_wnDwAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PA65&dq=Learning+and+Teaching+With+Understanding.+Handbook+of+Research+on+Mathematics+Teaching+and+Learning&ots=zk0vftxFYM&sig=mf8k7_n973W6S1Ermz7ytwyfTW0&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=Learning%20and%20Teaching%20With%20Understanding.%20Handbook%20of%20Research%20on%20Mathematics%20Teaching%20and%20Learning&f=false
Kenneth N. Ross. (2005). Quantitative research methods in educational planning. Paris : International Institute for Educational Palnning/UNESCO
Ministry of Education and Culture (2018). Teacher's Book Enjoys Learning Mathematics in Elementary/MI Class V. Jakarta : Ministry of Education and Culture.
Novotna. (2000). "Students' Levels of Understanding of Word Problems". Paper presented at ICME-9, July 31 - August 6, 2000. Tokyo : - Retrieved from https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F1-4020-7910-9_43
Permendikbud No. 24 of (2016) concerning Core Competencies and Basic Competencies of Lessons in the 2013 Curriculum.
Saliman. (2007). Application of Culture-Based Learning as an Effort to Improve the Quality of Learning in Lesson Planning Courses. Paper presented at the National Seminar on Learning Innovation, with the theme: "Improving the Professionalism of Prospective Teachers and Teachers through Innovation"Learning". Jakarta.
Sardjiyo and Paulina Pannen. (2005). Culture-Based Learning : Learning Innovation Model and Implementation of Competency-Based Curriculum. Journal of Education.6(2) : 83-98
Suharta and Suarjana. (2006). Development of Realistic Mathematics Learning Tools for Elementary School Students Oriented to Problem Solving, Reasoning, and Communication. The Research Report (Phase I) was not published. Singaraja : Undiksha
Suharta and Suarjana. (2007). Development of Realistic Mathematics Learning Tools for Elementary School Students Oriented to Problem Solving, Reasoning, and Communication. The Research Report (Phase II) was not published. Singaraja : Undiksha
Suharta, Sadra, and Gita. (2008). Application of Mathematics Learning with Cultural Environment as an Effort to Improve Basic Competence for Elementary School Students. The research report is not published. Singaraja : Undiksha
Suharta. (2002). Case Study on Realistic Mathematics Problem Solving Ability for Elementary School Teachers in Singaraja. Research Report is not published. Singaraja : Singaraja State IKIP
Suharta. (2016). "Ability of Elementary School Students in Solving Real Mathematics Problems". Journal of Education and Teaching, 49, Number 3, October 2016, pp.137-147
Van den Heuvel-Panhuizen. (2000). Mathematics Education in the Netherlands a Guided Tour. (Online). Retrieved from Http://www.fi.uu.nl/en/indexpulicaties.html
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 I Gusti Putu Suharta, Ni Nyoman Parwati
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section