DEVELOPMENT OF ONLINE LEARNING DEVICE WITH A CONTEXTUAL APPROACH TO IMPROVE STUDENTS' MATHEMATICS PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITY
Keywords:Online Learning Device, Contextual Approaches, Mathematical Problem-Solving
Learning device are an essential component in the implementation of learning. This study aims to produce online learning device characterized by a contextual approach as well as the characteristics of their implementation in improving mathematical problem-solving abilities, including lesson plans, student books, student worksheets, and math problem-solving tests on curved side space constructs. This research is design research using the Plomp research procedure, which consists of 3 phases: the Preliminary Research Phase, the Prototyping Phase, and the Assessment Phase. The subjects of this study were grade IX students at SMPN 1 Gianyar in the 2021/2022 academic year. The research results are in the form of online learning device with a contextual approach of valid, practical, and effective quality. The characteristics of the learning device in this study are (1) the lesson plans are easy to understand, (2) the student books and student worksheets (Math in Dimension Application) are exciting and easy to understand (3) Math in Dimension and problem-solving tests contain contextual problems, while the characteristics of the implementation of learning device are (1) Can be applied in online and offline learning modes, especially the Math in Dimension application can be used anytime and anywhere (2) Students can explore the material on the GeoGebra applet that is connected to the Math in Dimension application without the need to install the GeoGebra application (3) The application is easy to use and can increase students' learning motivation and mathematical problem-solving abilities.
Aminah, N., and Irawati, I. (2018). Pengembangan Perangkat Pembelajaran Dengan Pendekatan Kontekstual Pada Materi Kubus Dan Balok. TEOREMA: Teori Dan Riset Matematika, 3(2), 137. https://doi.org/10.25157/teorema.v3i2.1178. DOI: https://doi.org/10.25157/teorema.v3i2.1178
Arifin, Yusmin, E., and Hamdani. (2017). Analisis Kesulitan Belajar Siswa pada Materi Bangun Ruang Sisi Lengkung di SMP. Jurnal Pendidikan Dan Pembelajaran (JPP), 6(4), 1-13. http://dx.doi.org/10.26418/jppk.v6i4.19848.
Barata, A. (2015). Pengembangan Perangkat Pembelajaran Matematika Pada Materi Perbandingan Dengan Pendekatan Konstestual. In Yogyakarta : Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta, 235.
Entyka M. R., and Riyadi, M. (2016). Analisis Kesalahan Siswa Dalam Pemecahan Masalah Berdasarkan Pendapat John W. Santrock Pada Pokok Bahasan Bangun Ruang Sisi Lengkung Ditinjau Dari Gaya Belajar Dan Gaya Berpikir Siswa. Jurnal Elektronik Pembelajaran Matematika, 4(10), 973-981.
Keengwe, J., and Georgina, D. (2012). The Digital Course Training Workshop for Online Learning and Teaching. Education and Information Technologies. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10639-011-9164-x. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10639-011-9164-x
Makmuri, M., Wijayanti, D. A., Salsabila, E., and Nur Fadillah, R. (2021). Pengembangan Aplikasi Pembelajaran Matematika Berbasis Android Dengan Pendekatan Kontekstual Pada Materi Persamaan Garis Lurus Untuk Peserta Didik Kelas VIII. Jurnal Cendekia: Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika, 5(1), 643-654. https://doi.org/10.31004/cendekia.v5i1.535. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31004/cendekia.v5i1.535
Muslich, M. (2007). KTSP Pembelajaran Berbasis Kompetensi Dan Kontekstual: Panduan Bagi Guru, Kepala Sekolah, Dan Pengawas Sekolah. Bumi Aksara.
Nuraida, I. (2017). Analisis Kesalahan Penyelesaian Soal Bangun Ruang Sisi Lengkung Siswa Kelas Ix Smp Negeri 5 Kota Tasikmalaya. Teorema, 1(2), 25. https://doi.org/10.25157/.v1i2.550. DOI: https://doi.org/10.25157/.v1i2.550
Parwati, N. N., Sudiarta, I. G. P., Mariawan, I. M., and Widiana, I. W. (2018). Local Wisdom-Oriented Problem-Solving Learning Model to Improve Mathematical Problem-Solving Ability. Journal of Technology and Science Education, 8(4), 310-320. https://doi.org/10.3926/jotse.401. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3926/jotse.401
Plomp, T. (2007). Educational Design Research : An Introduction. Netherlands Institute for Curriculum Development.
Sugiantara, I. G. P. A., Sadra, I. W., and Suparta, I. N. (2013). Matematika Realistik Dengan Peta Konsep Pada Materi Trigonometri di Kelas XI SMK. E-Journal Program Pascasarjana Universitas Pendidikan Ganesha, 2(2).
Suherman. (2015). Kreativitas Siswa Dalam Memecahkan Masalah Matematika Materi Pola Bilangan Dengan Pendekatan Matematika Realistik (PMR). Al-Jabar. https://doi.org/10.24042/ajpm.v6i1.57. DOI: https://doi.org/10.24042/ajpm.v6i1.57
Surya, E., Putri, F. A., and Mukhtar. (2017). Improving Mathematical Problem-Solving Ability and Self-Confidence of High School Students Through Contextual Learning Model. Journal on Mathematics Education, 8(1), 85-94. https://doi.org/10.22342/jme.8.1.3324.85-94. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22342/jme.8.1.3324.85-94
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Dewa Ayu Krisna Apriyanti, I Gusti Putu Suharta, I Wayan Puja Astawa
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section