DEVELOPMENT OF AUGMENTED REALITY BASED GEOMETRY LEARNING MEDIA ORIENTED TO BALINESE ARCHITECTURE TO IMPROVE ABILITY STUDENT MATHEMATICS SPATIAL
Keywords:AR Media, Geometry, Balinese Architecture, Students' Mathematical Spatial Ability
Media Augmented Reality is very relevant for student learning based on information and communication technology. However, learning using AR has not been widely used, especially when learning mathematics. This study aims to determine the quality of augmented reality media oriented towards Balinese architecture and the implementation characteristics when using the media in learning. AR media packaged in an android mobile application is included with a marker to scan 3D objects to improve students' mathematical spatial abilities in geometry learning. This research is design research using the Plomp model. The research subjects were students of class X SMA. So, the data collection methods of this research are observation, interviews, tests, and questionnaires. The validity test results show that the media is very valid, scoring 3.68. The practicality test showed that the development included AR media in the efficient category with a score of 3.5. Finally, the effectiveness test indicates that the AR media developed effectively increases spatial ability with an average score of 85, reaching the completeness criteria. This result shows that AR media is oriented to Balinese architecture with valid, practical, and effective quality. One of the characteristics of the media developed is that AR media can display 3D objects so that students are given space to explore, imagine and conclude the material obtained. Then, the characteristics of using the media, namely AR media, can be used as an alternative to spatial geometry media in overcoming the limitations of presenting material in schools.
Boaler, J. (2016). Mathematical Mindsets: Unleashing Students' Potential Through Creative Math, Inspiring Messages and Innovative Teaching (1st Ed.). Jossey-Bass.
Buchori, A., Setyosari, P., Dasna, I. W., Ulfa, S., Degeng, I. N. S., & Sa'dijah, C. (2017). Effectiveness of Direct Instruction Learning Strategy Assisted by Mobile Augmented Reality and Achievement Motivation on Students Cognitive Learning Results. Asian Social Science, 13(9), 137. https://doi.org/10.5539/ass.v13n9p137. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5539/ass.v13n9p137
Cristian Young, J. (2015). Marketing Communication Menggunakan Augmented Reality Pada Mobile Platform. VII (1). DOI: https://doi.org/10.31937/ti.v7i1.344
Hanum, N. S. (2013). Keefektifan E-Learning Sebagai Media Pembelajaran (Studi Evaluasi Model Pembelajaran E-Learning Smk Telkom Sandhy Putra Purwokerto) (Vol. 3, Issue 1). https://doi.org/10.21831/jpv.v3i1.1584. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21831/jpv.v3i1.1584
Hasanah. (2019). Etnomatematika Pada Bangunan Utama Asrama Inggrisan Banyuwangi Sebagai Media Pembelajaran. Matematika Dan Pembelajaran. https://doi.org/10.24252/mapan.2019v7n2a1. DOI: https://doi.org/10.24252/mapan.2019v7n2a1
Liu, E., Li, Y., Cai, S., & Li, X. (2019). The Effect of Augmented Reality in Solid Geometry Class on Students' Learning Performance and Attitudes. In M. Auer, & R. Langmann (Eds.), Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems. 47, 549-558. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-95678-7_61. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-95678-7_61
Mustaqim, I., & Kurniawan, N. (2017). Pengembangan Augmented Reality Sebagai Media Pembelajaran Pengenalan Komponen Pneumatik Di Smk. Jurnal Pendidikan Teknologi Dan Kejuruan, 14(2), 136. DOI: https://doi.org/10.23887/jptk-undiksha.v14i2.10443
Muwahaddah. (2020). Analisis Kemampuan Pemecahan Masalah Geometri Melalui Project Based Learning-Etnomatematika Berbantuan Augmented Reality Apk Ditinjau Dari Kecerdasan Spasial.
Pangestu, A., Susanti, E., & Setyaningrum, W. (2019). Lomba Dan Seminar Matematika Xxvii Pemanfaatan Media Pembelajaran Berbasis Augmented Reality (Ar) Pada Penalaran Spasial Siswa.
Raudhatul. (2020). Pengaruh Pemanfaatan Media Augmented Reality Terhadap Minat Belajar Siswa Pada Mata Pelajaran Tematik Siswa Kelas Iv Tema Peduli Terhadap Makhluk Hidup Di Sdn 07 Kota Bengkulu Skripsi Diajukan Kepada Fakultas Tarbiyah dan Tadris Institut Agama Islam Negeri.
Richardo. (2016). Peran Ethnomatematika Dalam Penerapan Pembelajaran Matematika Pada Kurikulum 2013. https://doi.org/10.21927/literasi.2016.7(2).118-125. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21927/literasi.2016.7(2).118-125
Saidin, N. F., Halim, N. D. A., & Yahaya, N. (2015). A Review of Research on Augmented Reality in Education: Advantages and Applications. International Education Studies, 13, 1-8. https://doi.org/10.5539/ies.v8n13p1. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5539/ies.v8n13p1
Setiowati. (2018). Pengaruh Penggunaan Aplikasi Augmented Reality Terhadap Hasil Belajar Siswa Pada Materi Bangun Ruang Sisi Datar Mata Pelajaran Matematika Kelas Viii Di Mts Nu Ungaran Tahun.
Sugiarni, R., Alghifari, E., & Ifanda, A. R. (2018). Meningkatkan Kemampuan Spasial Matematis Siswa Dengan Model Pembelajaran Problem Based Learning Berbantuan Geogebra. Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika, 3(1), 93-102. https://doi.org/10.22236/KALAMATIKA.vol3no1.2018pp93-102. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22236/KALAMATIKA.vol3no1.2018pp93-102
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Ni Putu Dila Mahesta Putri, I Gusti Putu Suharta, I Wayan Puja Astawa
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section