Keywords:IT Consumerization, Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD)
The concept of IT Consumerization has received a lot of attention since the introduction of Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) management practice. It is using privately-owned ÌT resources such as devices or software for business purposes. It is a wave that no organization can afford to ignore. It seems unstoppable or inevitable because of the proliferation of tablets, laptops, smartphones, cloud storage, social tools, and mobile apps in the workplace. Using the same technologies for both work and private life comes at a price. This paper provides a brief introduction to IT consumerization.
Jarrahi, M.H. et al. (2017). A pragmatic approach to managing enterprise IT infrastructures in the era of consumerization and individualization of IT. International Journal of Information Management, 37, 566–575. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2017.05.016
Sadiku, M.N.O., Nelatury, S.R. and Musa, S.M. (2017). Bring your own device. Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 4 (4), 163-165.
Weeger, A., Wang, X. and Gewald, H. (2015). IT consumerization: BYOD program acceptance and its impact on employer attractiveness. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 456(1),1-9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/08874417.2015.11645795
Gewald, H. et al. (2017). Millennials’ attitudes toward IT consumerization in the workspace. Communications of the ACM, 60(10), 62-69. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3132745
Dang-Pham, D. et al. (2017). Investigating the diffusion of IT consumerization in the workplace: a case study using social network analysis. Information Systems Frontiers, 1-15.
Skallos, M.K. (2014). Consumerization of information technology: an exploratory qualitative inquiry of Michigan Community Colleges,” Doctoral Dissertation, Capella University.
Eliot, L.B. (2016). Leading IT: Consumerization of IT in the enterprise. http://www.lanceblog.com/leading-it-consumerization-of-it-in-the-enterprise/
Castro-Leon, E. (2014). Consumerization in the IT service ecosystem. IT Professional, 16(5),20- 27. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/MITP.2014.66
Copeland, R. and Crespi, N. (2012). Analyzing consumerization- should enterprise bbusiness context determine session policy? Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Intelligence in Next Generation Networks, 187-193. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICIN.2012.6376024
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section