BUILD UP SCHOOL CULTURE THROUGH IMPLEMENTATION OF CHARACTER EDUCATION
In a Globalization era, school has to build up a positive culture to prepare Millennial Generation in science, technology and character. The passion of the founders in the school’s vision and mission became the basic for building up the school culture. Every year, there must be a changing of school components, a graduating class, a freshman who will take a new class, and also the teachers and staff. That conditions make them can’t work in a same passion and achieve school’s goals. Building up the school culture means to build up habits in applying school’s values (religiosity, nationalism, independence, mutual cooperation, and integrity), carrying out school rules, having work’s habits to achieve the goals of the school. Character education in curriculum 2013, provides a space for school to build up the school culture through the habituation of character education and being a role model. Starting with respect, curiosity, perseverance and courage school culture can be stronger than the previous year and the all school components can bring good influences in the school.
Zamroni 2011 Pendidikan Demokrasi pada Masyarakat Multikultural (Yogyakarta: Gavin Kalam Utama)
Gibson J I, Ivancevich J M, Donnelly J H, & Konopaske R 2009 Human Organizations: Behaviour, Structure, Process (14th Edition ed.) (New York: Mc Graw-Hill)
Mullins L J 2010 Management & Organizational Behavior (9th Edition ed.) (London: Prientice Hall)
Robbins S P and Judge T A 2013 Organizational Behavior (15th Edition ed.) (USA: Pearson)
Albetus K 2007 Pendidikan Karakter: Strategi Mendidik Anak di Zaman Global (Jakarta: PT Grasindo)
Khan Y 2010 Pendidikan Karakter Berbasis Potensi Diri (Yogyakarta: Pelangi Publishing)
Darayanto & Tamo H 2015 Pengelolaan Budaya dan Iklim (Yogyakarta: Clava Media)
Lewis J, Asberry J, DeJarnett G, and King G 2016 The BEst Practices for ShapingSchool Culture for Instructional Leaders. Alabama Journal of Educational Leadership, v3 pp 57-63.
Murtako M 2015 Culture-Based Character Education in Modernity Era. Ta'dib Journal of Islamic Education pp 149-164 DOI: https://doi.org/10.19109/td.v20i1.326
Gundogdu, K., Celik, B., Yanar, B. H., Kahyaoglu, S. T., & Donuks, G. G. (2017). Trends in values and character education researches in Turkey. International Online Journal Education Sciences pp 203-219
Syamsu K A 2012 Character Education and Students Social Behavior. Journal of Education and Learning, 6 pp 223-230 DOI: https://doi.org/10.11591/edulearn.v6i4.166
Dodds, D. M. 2016 The Effecs of characters Education on Social Emotional Behavior. Sophia Paper Education St Catherine University
Sukmadinata N S 2007 Metode Penelitian Pendidikan (Bandung: PT Remaja Rosdakarya)
Yin R K 2008 Case Study Research: Design and Methods (Applied Social Research Methods. (Illinois: Sage Publications, Inc)
Suhadisiwi I 2018 Panduan Prakts PPK Berbasis Budaya Sekolah (Jakarta: Pusat Analisis dan Sinkronisasi Kebijakan (PASKA))
Beare H, Caldwell B J, and Millikan R H 1991 Creating an Exellent School (United Kingdom: Routledge)
Mulyasa H E, and Ispurwanti D 2003 Manajemen Pendidikan Karakter (Jakarta: Bumi Angkasa)
Fadlillah M, and Khorida L M 2013 Pendidikan Karakter Anak Usia Dini : Konsep dan Aplikasinya dalam PAUD (Yogyakarta: Ar-Ruzz Media)
Muslih M 2011 Pendidikan Karakter (Jakarta: Bumi Aksara)
Chaplin J P 2011 Kamus Lepas Psikologi, diterjemahakan Kartini Kartono (Jakarta: PT Radja Grafindo Persada)
Cloud H 2007 Integritas: Keberanian Memenuhi Tuntutan Kenyataan (Jakarta: PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama)
Gunawan H 2012 Pendidikan Karakter Konsep dan Implementasi (Bandung: Alfabeta)
Copyright (c) 2019 Alexander Ferdinan Tuati, Unifah Rosyidi, Siti Zulaikha, Matin Suryadi, Eliana Sari
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section