MODELING OF HYBRID MOS FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF SWITCHED CAPACITOR FILTER USING SINGLE ELECTRON TRANSISTOR
Keywords:Single Electron Transistor, Switched Capacitor Filter, Coulomb blockade, Quantum Dot
In digital integrated circuit architectures, transistors serve as circuit switches to charge and discharge capacitors to the required logic voltage levels. A transistor is a three terminal semiconductor device used to amplify and switch electronic signals and electrical power. It has been observed that the Scaling down of electronic device sizes has been the fundamental strategy for improving the performance of ultra-large-scale integrated circuits (ULSIs). Metaloxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFETs) have been the most prevalent electron devices for ULSI applications. A better device will be formed with the help of new technology, with high operating speed low and power consumption, which can be the future of electronics industry. A methodology for the electric simulation of MOS/SET hybrid circuits will be developed. As a result of this, a functional model for the single-electron transistor will obtain and Implement Switched Capacitor Filter with the help of designed hybrid MOS. The SET model can be easily coded in any hardware description language.
Beaumont Arnaud, Dubue Christian, Beauvais Jacques, and Drouin Dominique (2009). “Room temperature Single-Electron Transistor Featuring Gate-Enhanced ON-state Current”, IEEE electron Device Letters, Vol.30, No.7.
Besson, A. Perez Perez, Spiriti E, Baudot J, Claus G, Goffe M, Winter M, (2016).” From vertex detectors to inner trackers with CMOS pixel sensors” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, In Press, Corrected Proof. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nima.2016.04.081
Boubaker A. b, Troudi M. b, Sghaier Na, Souifi A, Baboux N, Kalboussi A, (2009). “Electrical characteristics and modeling of multi-island single-electron transistor using SIMON simulator”, Microelectronics Journal 40 pp.543–546.
Dan Surya Shankar & Mahapatra Santanu (2010). “Analysis of Energy Quantization Effects on Single-electron Transistor Circuits”, IEEE transactions on Nanotechnology, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp 38 – 45.
El-Sayed A.M., Mohamed A.A. Wahab, Mohamed G. Ahmed, (2011). Exact analytical model of single electron transistor for practical IC design Microelectronics Reliability 51 pp.733–745.
Goyal Shilpa, Tonk Anu, (2015). “A Review towards Single Electron Transistor (SET)”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering Vol. 4, pp. 36-39 Issue 5.
Jana Anindya, N Basanta Sing, Sing Jamuna K Sing and Sarkar Subir Kumar, (2013). “Design and simulation of hybrid CMOS SET circuits”, Microelectronics Reliability, Elseveier, Vol. 53, pp. 592-599, Issue 4.
Krishnan Radha, (2014). “Single Electron Transistors”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, ISSN 2229-5518, Volume 5, Issue 9.
Kumar Om, Kaur Manjit, (2010). “Single electron Transistor: Applications & Problems”, International Journal of VLSI Design and Communication Systems, (VLSICS), pp.24-29, Vol.1, No.4.
Mittal Varun, (2013). “Basic introduction to Single Electron Transistor,” IJRASET, ISSN: 2321- 9653 Vol. 1 Issue I, pp.9-13.
Singh Vinay Pratap, Agrawal Arun, Singh Shyam Babu, (2012). “Analytical Discussion of Single Electron Transistor (SET),” International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE), ISSN: 2231-2307, Volume-2, Issue-3, pp.502-507.
Sui Bingcai, Liang Fang, Chi Yaqing, and Zhang Chao (2010). “ Nano-Reconfigurable Cells with Hybrid Circuits of single-Electron Transistors and MOSFETs”, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 57 , No. 9, pp 2251 – 2257.
Pal Shagun, Sinha S. R. P., Verma Rahul, (2013). “Performance Evaluation of Single Electron Transistor with CMOS Technology”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, (ISSN 2250- 2459, ISO 9001:2008 Certified Journal, Volume 3, Issue 12, pp.615-621.
Parekh Rutu, Beauvais Jacques, Drouin Dominique (2014).” SET logic driving capability and its enhancement in 3-D integrated SET–CMOS circuit” Microelectronics Journal, Volume 45, Issue 8, pp. 1087-1092.
Zhu Shiyang, Guo Qiang Lo (2016).” CMOS –integrated wave guide photodetectors for communications applications” Photodetectors, pp. 315-344.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section