LOW POWER VLSI TECHNIQUES FOR PORTABLE DEVICES
Keywords:Leakage Current, Dynamic Power Dissipation, CMOS, Clock Gating, Parallelism
In the present day scenario, designing a circuit with low power has become very important and challenging task. The designing of any processor for portable devices demands low power. This can be achieved by incorporating low power design strategies and rules at various stages of design. To increase the performance of portable devices, the power backup should be taken in consideration, which is extremely desirable from the users prospective. As we approaches towards the sub-micron technology the requirement of low power devices increases significantly. But at the same time leakage current and dynamic power dissipation play a vital role to diminish the performance of portable devices. This paper presents techniques to reduce the power dissipation and various methodologies to increase the speed of device. That is very beneficial for designing of future VLSI circuits.
A.P. Chandrakasan, S. Sheng, and R. W. Brodersen, “Low-Power CMOS Digital Design”, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 473–484, April 1992. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/4.126534
J. Rabaey and M. Pedram, “Introduction”, in Low Power Design Methodologies, Kluwer Academic Publisher, 1st ed., New York,1996 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4615-2307-9_1
Shen-Yu Peng, Tzu-Chi Huang and Yu-Huei Lee “Instruction-Cycle-Based Dynamic Voltage Scaling Power Management for Low-Power Digital Signal Processor With 53% Power Savings” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Volume: 48, Issue: 11, Nov. 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/JSSC.2013.2274885
Z.Chen, J. Shott, and J. Plummer, “CMOS Technology Scaling for Low Voltage Low Power Applications”, ISLPE-98: IEEE International Symposium on Low Power Electronics, pp. 56– 57, San Diego, CA, 1994.
L. Benini, G. De Micheli and E. Macii, "Designing low-power circuits: practical recipes", IEEE Circuitsand Systems Magazine, Vol.: 1, Issue: 1, pp. 6-25, 2002.
Jun Han, Member, IEEE, Yicheng Zhang, Shan Huang, Mengyuan Chen, and Xiaoyang Zeng "AnArea-Efficient Error-Resilient Ultra-Low-Power Sub threshold ECG Processor" IEEE transactions on circuits and systems -II:, vol. 2, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSII.2016.2538158
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section