RELEVANCE OF YOGA IN THE 21ST CENTURY
Keywords:Transformation, Emotions, Yoga, Relations, Transaction, Integral
This lecture deals with the profound influence that yoga can have in the fields of behavioral transformation, upgrading mental strength, management of time, controlling of flow of emotions and reactions and choice of decision. The literal translation of yoga means “integration” or “union” have come to see yoga as the science which aims to harmonize or unite virtually all aspects of life – the physical, mental, social and spiritual. The most direct and abiding way to achieve this is to integrate yoga into sequential dealings of personal or professional relations to self actualization systems. Our ultimate goal is to see yoga as an inherent part of every curriculum all over the world in the 21st century. I believe that such “integration” would result in populations of students, employees, housewives and entrepreneurs who are more empathetic, self confident and mindful of themselves and one another. The anecdotal and empirical evidence is that those incorporate yoga into their curricula, find that the self management is enhanced through reduced level of stress, improved focus and increased attention span, gained enormous patience and become kind and vegetarian. In many parts of the world people have found that integrating yoga into the personal and professional dealings and transactions has had these profound and abiding effects. However, we find ourselves at a point where yoga is not an integral part of a significant number of educational curricula or day to day activities. More to the point, it could not even realistically be seen as part of a serious agenda on educational reform. Our task is therefore a daunting and formidable one. The first step towards this goal is for the educational, business and yogic community to come together in unity of purpose and clarity of voice to put forth value and relevance of scientific adaptation of yoga in the 21st century.
Capra, F. (1975). The parallels. The tao of physics [PDF]
Retrieved May25 from http://www.plouffe.fr/simon/math/The%20Tao%20of%20Physics.pdf
Einstein, A. (2007). The world as I see it (A.Harris, Trans.). California: The Book Tree. (Original work published 1935). Retrieved from https://books.google.co.in/books/about/The_World_As_I_See_It.html?id=aNKOo94tO6cC&print sec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=true
Einstein, A. (n.d.). The world as i see it [PDF]. Retrieved May 24, 2017 from http://www.etoyol.com/bonus-gila/sfwgrwtr/The_World_as_I_See_it-AlbertEinstein.pdf
Gandhi, M.. (n.a) Retrieved from https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/mahatmagan160715.html
Kumaris, B (n.d.). Peace of mind and world peace. Shakti Nagar,Delhi: Literature Department,Brahma Kumaris.
Kumaris, Brahma (n.d.).
McCall, T. (2007). Yoga Journal: Yoga for psychological and emotional problems. Retrieved from http://www.yogajournal.com/teach/yoga-for-psychological-and-emotional-problems
McCall, T. (October 2016). Yoga as medicine [PDF File], 101 Health conditions benefited by yoga, Retrieved from http://www.drmccall.com/uploads/2/2/6/5/22658464/101healthconditionshelpedbyyoga--list.pdf
[Quotation written below a page of a note book] (2017)
[Spiritual purity, love, life and true spiritual growth]. (2011, December 9). Retrieved from https://zeitgeistmusings.wordpress.com/2011/12/09/spiritual-purity-love-life-and-true-spiritualgrowth/
Vivekananda, S. (2007). Karma Yoga [PDF File]. The secret of work, 3,27. Retrieved from http://www.vivekananda.net/PDFBooks/KarmaYoga.pdf
Williams, R. (2001). Sankhya yoga. Bhagavad gita [Google Books]. Retrieved May 25, 2017 from https://books.google.co.in/books?id=szvpr6HfEBsC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_atb#v=on epage&q&f=false
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section