STRESS, TRAUMA, PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS, QUALITY OF LIFE, AND RESILIENCE OF WOMEN AS REFLECTED IN VARIOUS MOVIES AROUND THE WORLD
Keywords:Stress, Trauma, Resilience, Reflected
The aim of the study was to investigate the relationships between stressor due to restriction of women movement, traumatic events due to war, sexual abuse or domestic harassment and psychological symptoms, quality of life, and resilience. To explore the topic I analyzed samples consisted of 16 randomly selected subjects from sixteen various movies - Deliver Us From Evil, Forbidden Games, Metamorphosis, Monster, Pan’s Labyrinth, The Cemetery Club, Schindler’s List, The Cemetery Club, The Magdalene, The White Ribbon, Two Women, Taken, Empty Suitcase, Damini- Lightning, Dahan (Crossfire) and Ghajini.
Johnson, Kevin, Rape Statistics not crystal clear.USA Today, 1998
"Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems". Unodc.org. 2005-03-31. Retrieved 2013-12-04.
"Statistics can be misleading". CJOnline.com. 2004-08-08. Retrieved 2013-12-04.
"Turkish university students' attitudes toward rape". Business.highbeam.com. 2003-12-01. Retrieved 2013-12-03
NCRB, Crime against women, Chapter 5, Annual NRCB Report, Government of India (2013), page 81
Jump up to:National Crimes Record Bureau, Crime in India 2012 - Statistics Government of India (May 2013)
Vasundhara Sirnate (1 February 2014). "Good laws, bad implementation". Chennai, India: The Hindu. Retrieved1 February 2014.
Data busts some myths on sexual violence
"Rape statistics around the world". Indiatribune.com. 2012-09-11. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
Schmalleger, John Humphrey, Frank (2011). Deviant behavior (2nd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning. p. 252. ISBN 0763797731.
Thabet AA, Abu Tawahina A, El Sarraj E, PanosVostanis (2013) Death Anxiety, PTSD, Trauma, Grief, and Mental Health of Palestinians Victims of War on Gaza. Health Care Current Reviews 1:2.
World Health Organization (1948) WHO Definition of Health. Preamble to the Constitution of the World Health Organization as adopted by the International Health Conference, New York, 19-22.
Walter H. Kristen, Resource Loss and Naturalistic Reduction of PTSD among Inner-City Women, Kent State University), 2009
Yuan P. Nicole, Koss P. Mary, and Stone Mirto, the Psychological Consequences of Sexual Trauma. University of Arizona, 2015
Menna Amy, “Rape Trauma Syndrome. The Journey to Healing Belongs to Everyone”. Web <http://www.giftfromwithin.org/html/journey.html> Retrieved 27 March 2017
Flitterman, Sandy. “Film Quarterly.” Film Quarterly, vol. 31, no. 2, 1977, pp. 53–55., www.jstor.org/stable/1211791. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1525/fq.1977.31.2.04a00130
Derr L. Holly, Overcoming Trauma. Women and Hollywood, 2013 Web Retrieved 27 March 2017
Chen-Rong-Guan, “Recollecting Memory, Reviewing History: Trauma in Asian North American Literature”. 2008. Web < https://uta-ir.tdl.org/uta-ir/bitstream/handle/10106/961/umi-uta2053.pdf?sequence=1 > Retrieved 27 March 2017
Diasporic Representations: Reading Chinese American Women's Fiction By Pin-chia Feng
Intimate Partner Violence: Prevalence, Impact, Treatment, Prevention by Aliya Webermann.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section