SEDIMENT ANALYSIS IN THE RIVER OF PALEMBANG CITY
Keywords:River Palembang, Sediment, Duboy's Shield's, Yang's, Bagnold, Shen and Hung Method
Palembang City has several watersheds (DAS), namely the Dam River, Kedukan Bukit River, Sekanak River, and Lambidaro River which are rivers in Palembang City which often experience runoff due to flooding. but there are several problems in the watershed, including the problem of river silting which results in frequent flooding in several river areas during the rainy season. In the last few years, the watershed has not been normalized.
Problems in the watershed may also have excessive sediment buildup. If there are no countermeasures, it can lead to silting of the river due to excessive sedimentation. To determine the sedimentation in the watershed, sediment samples were tested using the Duboy's method and the shield's method, the Yang'S method, the Bagnold method, and the Shen and Hung method.
The results of the discussion obtained from the results of the Qt calculation are on the Bendung river using the Duboy's method = 131.67 tons / year, Shield's method = 131.35 tons / year. Kedukan River The volume of floating sediment in the next one year is 91,517,472 m³/s for the Duboy's method and 498,89952 m³/s for the Shield method, and for the average of total sediment discharge value obtained from each equation, namely Yang method = 0.0091315 tons/sec, for Bagnold method = 0.0038365 tons/sec and Shen and Hung method = 0.0001495 tons/sec. The average sediment yield that occurs in the Lambidaro River in Palembang City in the next one year is 136.656 kg/year/m. The volume of sediment in the Sekanak River is 10,495.7 (lb/yr)/ft. Shield's method Average yield of qb sediment is 4,064.6 (lb/yr)/ft.
Anasiru, Triyanti (2006). "Sediment Transport at the Palu River Estuary." SMARTek 4(1), 25-33.
Bella, Resnie (2014). “ (Bed Load) At the Lilin River Estuary, Musi Regency - Banyuasin." Journal of Civil and Environmental Engineering 2(1), 225-230.
Iskandar, Rina et al. (2013). "Study of Sedimentation in the Angsana River Estuary, Angsana District, Tanah Bumbu Regency, South Kalimantan." EnviroScienteae 9,106-11.
Kimi, Sudirman, and Sri Martini (2017). "Analysis of Calculation of Sediment Loads in the 1000 Meters of Baung River." 5(1), 69-75.
Mulyanto, HR (2007). River Functions and Its Properties. Yogyakarta, Graha Ilmu.
Pangestu, Hendar, and Helmi Haki (2013). "Analysis of Total Sediment Transport in the Dawas River, Musi Banyuasin Regency." Journal of Civil and Environmental Engineering 1(1), 23.
Pratama, Muhammad Iqbal, Djoko Legono, and Adam Pamudji Rahardjo (2019). "Mining Activities on the Sombe River, Palu City, Central Sulawesi." Watering Techniques (90), 84-96. https://doi.org/10.21776/ub.pengairan.2019.010.02.02 DOI: https://doi.org/10.21776/ub.pengairan.2019.010.02.02
Sa'ud, Ismail (2008). "Prediction of Kali Mas Surabaya Sedimentation." Journal of Civil Engineering Applications 4(1), 20. https://doi.org/10.12962/j12345678.v4i1.2765 DOI: https://doi.org/10.12962/j12345678.v4i1.2765
Salsabila, Annisa, and Irma Lusi Nugraheni (2020). "Introduction to Hydrology."
Sembiring, Amelia Ester, T Mananoma, F Halim, and EM Wuisan (2014). "Analysis of Sedimentation at the Estuary of the Panasen River." Journal of Civil Statistics 2(3), 148-54.
Sri Martini, RA, Zainul Bahri, and Ade Tricia Miranda (2020). "The Effect of Flow Discharge on Sedimentation in the Lematang River, Lahat Regency." Bearing : Journal of Civil Engineering Research and Studies 6(3), 188-93. https://doi.org/10.32502/jbearing.2841202063 DOI: https://doi.org/10.32502/jbearing.2841202063
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 RA Sri Martini, Mira Setiawati, Fadhilla Rosleni, Fenny Tri Putri, Evan Kurniawan, M. Juan Edwardo, Wahyuni
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section