ECONOMIC IMPACT ANALYSIS OF NATURAL GAS PIPELINE DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA
Keywords:Tax Rate, Gross Domestic Product, Economic Benefit, Gas Pipeline
The paper presents the economic benefits of the long term development of gas pipeline infrastructure in Nigeria. The study reviewed related literature and modeled a sensitivity analysis of the tax rate with tax holiday, without tax holiday and economic impact analysis. The sensitivity analysis of tax rate with tax holiday and without tax holiday was also evaluated and it indicated that the 20% corporate income is more viable for gas pipeline projects in Nigeria. The economic impact analysis evaluated the direct, indirect and induced impact of the gas pipeline project on GDP, employment and tax revenue in Nigeria with respect to short term (5 years), medium term (15 years) and long term (40 years): The impacts analysis indicates a total GDP of 60 billion USD, 55,626 jobs created and 1.6 billion USD tax revenue generated as a result of the gas pipeline project.
Biose, H., Dosunmu, A. and Nwaozuzu, C. (2019). Economic Framework for Gas Pipeline Development in Nigeria. International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research, (2019) 1-30.
Echendu, J C. et al. Hydrocarbon Utilization Optimization for Sustainable Development in Nigeria: Economic Growth Potential, SPE-184339-MS presented at the Society of Petroleum Engineers Nigeria Annual International Conference and Exhibition, 2 - 4 August, Abuja, Nigeria, (2016) 1-12.
Nigerian National Gas Policy (2017), 1-8
Nigerian National Petroleum Fiscal Policy (2016), 77
Department of Petroleum Resources Annual Report (2017),78-96
Nigeria Gas Competence Seminar, National Gas Flare Commercialization Program (2016), 1-25
NAM, The Economic Benefit of Natural Gas Pipeline Development on the Manufacturing Sector (2016), 4-47
http://www.qatargas.com/english. Retrieved on 23rd January, 2019.
http://www.nlng.com/nignlng/home. Retrieved on 3rd March, 2019.
Dwivedi, D. N., Managerial Economics, 7th Edition, New Delhi, India, (2013) 409 – 423.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section