EFFECT OF SERVICE QUALITY AND PROMOTION ON PURCHASE DECISIONS AND THEIR IMPLICATIONS ON CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
Keywords:Customer Satisfaction, Purchasing Decisions, Price, Service Quality, Promotion
This study aims to analyze the effect of Service Quality and Promotion on Purchasing Decisions and Their Implications on Customer Satisfaction. In accordance with the Presidential Regulation of the Republic of Indonesia number 109 of 2013 concerning the phasing in the participation of social security programs, the BPJS Employment consists of two fields, namely the Wage Recipient and Non-Wage Recipient fields. With the sanctions and regulations imposed on the Wage Recipient field, the reach of participants will be easier, in contrast to the Non-Wage Recipient (BPU) field which consists of independent workers (informal) will tend to be more difficult considering the different backgrounds and professions of informal workers certainly must have good quality public services to gain public trust in BPJS Employment. The type of research used for this study was to use descriptive analytic research. the population in this study was BPJS Employment of Banten Region customers. The sampling based on the theory of Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) amounted to 100 respondents. The results of this study indicate that (1) Service Quality has a positive and significant effect on Purchasing Decisions, (2) Promotion has a positive and significant effect on Purchasing Decisions, (3) Service Quality has a significant indirect effect on Customer Satisfaction, (4) Influential Promotion indirectly significantly towards Customer Satisfaction, and (5) Purchasing Decisions have a positive and significant effect on Customer Satisfaction.
Al-Azzam, Abdel Fattah Mahmoud. “The Impact of Service Quality Dimensions on Customer Satisfaction: A Field Study of Arab Bank in Irbid City, Jordan”. European Journal of Business and Management. 7 (5); 2015
Munusamy, Jayaraman., Shankar Chelliah., and Hor Wai Mun. “Service Quality Delivery and Its Impact on Customer Satisfaction in the Banking Sector in Malaysia”. International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology. 1(4); 2010.
Gerung, Christy Jacklin., Jantje Sepang, dan Sjendry Loindong. “Pengaruh Kualitas Produk, Harga, dan Promosi terhadap Keputusan Pembelian Mobil Nissan X-Trail pada PT. Wahana Wirawan Manado”. Jurnal Emba. 5(2); 2017.
Budiyanto, Teguh., Christoffel Kojo, Hendra N. “Strategi Promosi, Kualitas Produk, dan Desain terhadap Keputusan Pembelian dan Minat merensikan Rumah pada Puri Camar Liwas PT. Camar Sapta Ganda”. Jurnal Berkala Ilmiah Efisiensi. 16(4); 2016.
Tjiptono, Fandy. Strategi Pemasaran. Edisi 3. Yogyakarta: Andi Offset; 2008.
Alma, Buchari. Manajemen Pemasaran dan Pemasaran Jasa. Bandung: CV. Alfabeta; 2013.
Parasuraman, A., Berry, Leonard L, and Zeithaml, Valarie A. “A Conceptual Model of Service Quality and Its Implications for Future Research”. Journal of Marketing. 49; 1985. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/1251430
Kotler, Philip dan Kevin Lane Keller. Manajemen Pemasaran. Edisi 13 Jilid satu. Jakarta: Erlangga; 2009.
Stanton. Pemasaran. Terjemahan jilid 1. Jakarta: Penerbit Salemba Empat; 2007.
Gautama O. “Evaluasi Perkembangan Wisata Bahari di Pantai Sanur”. Tesis. Program Magister Pariwisata. Universitas Udayana. Denpasar; 2012.
Schiffman, Leon dan Leslie Lazar Kanuk. Perilaku Konsumen. Jakarta: PT Indeks; 2008.
Sugiyono. Metode Penelitian Bisnis. Bandung: Alfabeta; 2012.
Ghozali, Imam. Aplikasi Analisis Multivariate dengan Program IBM SPSS 21 Update PLS Regresi. Semarang: Badan Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro; 2013
Ruslin, Eva Desembrianita. “Pengaruh Kualitas Pelayanan, Fasilitas dan Harga terhadap Keputusan Pelanggan untuk menggunakan Jasa Hotel Oval Surabaya”. Journal of Research in Economics and Management. 16(2); 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17970/jrem.16.1602013.ID
Ismajli, Ali., Saranda Kajtazi and Ejup Fejza. “The Impact of Promotional Activities on Purchase Desicion Making: A Case Study of Brands Bonita andRugove- Water Bottled Producers”. European Scientific Journal. 9(31); 2013.
Magenta, Djanur dan Johanes Sugiarto. “Membangun Kepuasan Konsumen melalui Keputusan Pembelian”. Diponegoro Journal of Management. 4(2); 2015.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section