HYPERSPECTRAL IMAGE BAND SELECTION BASED ON SUBSPACE CLUSTERING
Aiming at the problems in hyperspectral image classification, such as high dimension, small sample and large computation time, this paper proposes a band selection method based on subspace clustering, and applies it to hyperspectral image land cover classification. This method considers each band image as a feature vector, clustering band images using subspace clustering method. After that, a representative band is selected from each cluster. Finally feature vector is formed on behalf of the representative bands, which completes the dimension reduction of hyperspectral data. SVM classifier is used to classify the new generated sample points. Experimental data show that compared with other methods, the new method effectively improves the accuracy of land cover recognition.
Anzhu Y U, Bing L, Zhipeng X. (2019) Salient Feature Extraction Method for Hyperspectral Image Classification. Acta Geodaetica et Cartographica Sinica. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.11947/j.AGCS.2019.20180499
Feng Z, Yang S, Wang M. (2019) Learning Dual Geometric Low-Rank Structure for Semisupervised Hyperspectral Image Classification. IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, (99),1-13. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1109/TCYB.2018.2883472 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TCYB.2018.2883472
Fuding Xie, Cunkuan Lei, Fangfei Li. (2019) Unsupervised Hyperspectral Feature Selection based on Fuzzy C-means and Grey Wolf Optimizer. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 40(9),3344-3367. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1080/01431161.2018.1541366 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/01431161.2018.1541366
Gao Q, Lim S, Jia X. (2019) Spectral-Spatial Hyperspectral Image Classification Using a Multiscale Conservative Smoothing Scheme and Adaptive Sparse Representation. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, (99),1-13. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1109/TGRS.2019.2915809 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TGRS.2019.2915809
He N, Paoletti M E, Juan Mario Haut (2019). Feature Extraction With Multiscale Covariance Maps for Hyperspectral Image Classification. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience & Remote Sensing, 57(2),755-769. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1109/TGRS.2018.2860464 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TGRS.2018.2860464
Jiang X. Linear (2011) Subspace Learning-Based Dimensionality Reduction. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 28(2),16-26. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1109/MSP.2010.939041 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/MSP.2010.939041
Kefeng Li, Quanzhen Huang (2019). Cross-pose Face Recognition by Integrating Regression Iteration and Interactive Subspace. Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, (1),1-8. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1186/s13638-019-1429-x DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13638-019-1429-x
Md Rashedul Islam, Boshir Ahmed, Md Ali Hossain (2019). Feature Reduction Based on Segmented Principal Component Analysis for Hyperspectral Images Classification. International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Engineering (ECCE). IEEE, 2019. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1109/ECACE.2019.8679394 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ECACE.2019.8679394
Ren R, Bao W. (2019) Hyperspectral Image Classification Based on Belief Propagation with Multi-features and Small Sample Learning. Journal of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing, 47(5),1-10. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1007/s12524-018-00934-y DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12524-018-00934-y
Venkatesan R, Prabu S. (2019) Hyperspectral Image Features Classification Using Deep Learning Recurrent Neural Networks. Journal of Medical Systems, 43(7). Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1007/s10916-019-1347-9 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10916-019-1347-9
Wang A, Wang Y, Chen Y (2019). Hyperspectral Image Classification based on Convolutional Neural Network and Random Forest. Remote Sensing Letters, 10(11),1086-1094. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1080/2150704X.2019.1649736 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/2150704X.2019.1649736
Wei Li, Yan Huang, C.-C (2017). Jay Kuo. Video-Based Human Motion Capture Data Retrieval via Normalized Motion Energy Image Subspace Projections. IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME) Worksohp on Emerging Multimedia Systems and Applications. IEEE,1-7. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3030258 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3030258
Xiangpo Wei, Xuchu Yu, Bing Liu (2019). Convolutional Neural Networks and Local Binary Patterns for Hyperspectral Image Classificatio. European Journal of Remote Sensing, 52(1),448-462. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1080/22797254.2019.1634980 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/22797254.2019.1634980
Zhang J, Li C G, You C (2019). Self-Supervised Convolutional Subspace Clustering Network, CVPR,1-10. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1109/CVPR.2019.00562 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/CVPR.2019.00562
Zhao W, Du S. (2016) Spectral-Spatial Feature Extraction for Hyperspectral Image Classification: A Dimension Reduction and Deep Learning Approach. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, , 54(8),4544-4554. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1109/TGRS.2016.2543748 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TGRS.2016.2543748
Copyright (c) 2021 Zhi-jun ZHENG, Yan-bin PENG
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section