EXAMINATION OF THE EFFECT OF LOGISTICS FUNCTIONS ON FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF ORGANIZATION
The contributions of logistics functions to the performance of an organization have been the subject of research over the years. Thus, this present study further examined the effect of outbound logistics functions on financial performance of quoted manufacturing companies in Nigeria. Panel data regression analysis was employed to test the effect of logistics functions on financial performance of the selected companies over a period of five years (2015-2019). Logistic functions costs and financial performance indicators were extracted from secondary data. The findings of the study showed that logistics function has a positive and significant effect on financial performance of manufacturing companies in Nigeria. Therefore, the companies are implored to pay more attention to logistics functions when aiming at a better financial performance.
Anderson, D.L., Britt, F. and Favre, D. (1997). The seven principles of supply chain management. Supply Chain Management Review, Vol. 1, pp. 31-43.
Barrett, T., (1982). ‘Mission Costing: A New Approach to Logistics Analysis’, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Materials Management, Vol. 12, No. 7, 1982.
Bawa, S., Asamoah, G. E., & Kissi, E. (2018). Impact of inventory management on firm performance: A case study of listed manufacturing firms in Ghana. International Journal of Finance and Accounting, 7(4), 83-96. doi:10.5923/j.ijfa.20180704.01
Blanchard, B. S. (2004). Logistics Engineering and Management, 6th edition, Pearson-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ.
Bowersox, DJ, Closs, DJ & Cooper, MB 2002, Supply Chain Logistics Management, McGraw-Hill/Irwin, New York.
Chopra, S. & Meindl, P. (2007). "Supply chain management”, Prentice-Hallpublication
Fabbe-Costes, N., Jahre, M. 2008. Supply chain integration and performance: a review of the evidence, The International Journal of Logistics Management, 19 (2): 130-154.
Grant, D. B., Lambert, D. M., Stock, J. R and Ellram, L M.(2006) Fundamentals of logistics management, (European Edition), Maidenhead, McGraw-Hill.
Hoang V. H. and Nguyen T. S. (2019), The effect of logistics service on firm financial performance in textile industry: evidence from Da Nang city, Vietnam. , 0 (2019) MATEC Web of Conferences. 259, 04002 (2019). Available online at: https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201925904002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201925904002
Kathurima, R. I., Ombul, K., & Iravo, M. A. (2016). Effects of materials handling systems on performance of cement manufacturing firms in Machakos County. International Academic Journal of Procurement and Supply Chain Management, 2(1), 21-36.
Kenyon, G. N., and Meixell, M. J. (2007). Success Factors and Cost Management Strategies for Logistics Outsourcing. Journal of Management and Marketing Research, 7 (1), 1–17.
Kwateng K. O., Nkrumah, K., Manso J., F., and Osei-Mensah R., (2014). Outbound Logistics Management in Manufacturing Companies in Ghana. Review of Business and Finance Studies. Vol 5 (1), pp 83-92.
Lambert, D.M., and Burduroglo, R. (2000). Measuring and Selling the Value of Logistics. The International Journal of Logistics Management, 11 (1), 1–16. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/09574090010806038
Lambert, D.M., Cooper, M.C. and Pagh, J.D. (1998), “Supply chain management: implementation issues and research opportunities”, The International Journal of Logistics Management, Vol. 9 No. 2, pp. 1-19. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/09574099810805807
Mbondo, G. K., Okibo, W. B., & Mogwambo, V. B. (2015). Influence of physical distribution strategies on the performance of service firms in Kenya: A survey study of print media distribution in South Nyanza Region, Kenya. European Journal of Business and Man, 7(14), 39-49.
Morgan J. P. (2012). A potfolio approach to impact investment, a practical guide to building analyzing and managing a portfolio investment, Yasemin Saltuk
Oyebamiji, F. F. (2018). Materials management and its effect on the performance of manufacturing sector: Evidence from Nigerian cement industry. South Asian Journal of Social Studies and Economics, 1(4), 1-9. doi:10.9734/SAJSSE/2018/42787
Porter, M. E. (1985). Competitive advantage: Creating and sustaining superior performance. New York: The Free Press. Ristovska, N., Kozuharov, S., & Petkovski, V. (2017). The impact of logistics management practices on company’s performance. International Journal of Academic Research in
Ristovska, N., Kozuharov S., and Petkovski V., (2017). The Impact of Logistics Management Practices on Company’s Performance. International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences. Vol. 7, No.1, January 2017, pp. 245–252 DOI: https://doi.org/10.6007/IJARAFMS/v7-i1/2649
Tracey, M. (2005). The Impact of Supply Chain Management Capabilities on Business Performance. An International Journal of Supply Chain Management, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp 179-191. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/13598540510606232
Umar, A. M., (2019). Logistics Management and the Performance of Manufacturing Firms in Selected States of Northern Nigeria. International Journal of Engineering and Management Research. Vol. 9(1), pp 49-57.
Copyright (c) 2021 Boye AYANTOYINBO, Adeolu GBADEGESIN
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section