STUDY, DESIGN AND SIMULATION OF A PROGRAM FOR NUMERICAL EVALUATION OF VEHICLES’ FUEL CONSUMPTION DUE TO DRAG FORCE; CASE OF LIGHT VEHICLES.
Keywords:Fuel, Consumption, Drag Force, Matlab
Nowadays, vehicles are being abandoned by their users due to their high fuel
consumption which had not been studied by the user from the start. Thus, the need to study
the fuel consumption of vehicles due to one of the factors which greatly affects it; drag force,
so as to produce information which vehicle users can have before purchasing their vehicles.
With regards to this, this work is focused on the development of a computer program able to
evaluate the fuel consumption of light vehicles. To achieve this, the basic equations of
consumption are used to arrive at a mathematical relation between drag force and fuel
consumption. This mathematical model is further implemented on the analytical software
Matlab in order to produce the various consumption curves of the vehicles case study. A
simulator which takes into consideration a vehicle’s engine data in order to produce specific
consumption curves and provide valid information on the fuel consumption of the vehicle is
developed from this mathematical model. It can be used in automotive construction
companies and also by any individual.
Serge Bellu, "Chrysler Airflow, Aerodynamics and fluidity", Science & Life No. Hors-Série, 2008, p. 37. (accessed February 26, 2018 on google.fr);
www.aerobigorre.org/bia volume 2 (accessed 05 January 2018 at 21:00) page 2 to 4;
www.adilca.com / aerodynamics (accessed January 05, 2018 at 9:15 pm);
Fluid Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications, Y.A. Cengel& J. M. Cimbala, McGraw-Hill;
http://www.sg-freiburg.ch (D.Mueller_aérodynamique) accessed 09 January 2018 at 00:30 page 4 to 32;
Yoann EULALIE, "Aerodynamic study and control of the drag on a body of AHMED CULOT DROIT", thesis dissertation of Doctorate, University of Bordeaux December 2014, P.20 to 32.
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Aerodynamics of the automobile (accessed January 30, 2018 at 9:08)
JP BROSSARD ‘’DYNAMICS OF THE VEHICLE’’; INSA of Lyon 1980 ".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ fuel consumption by car (accessed January 30, 2018 at 14:48);
eduscol.education.fr/ "Automotive mobility-energy challenges"
www.calculateur.com/consumption-100km.html (accessed on May 04 2018 at 22h52min)
http: //www.fuel level indicator pdf.fr/ (accessed April 04, 2018 at 10:15) page 4 and 8;
BALTIC Jusuf "BASIC CONCEPT OF AERODYNAMICS AND MECHANICS" UNIVERSITY OF LORRAINE (accessed February 16, 2018 at 14:48);
J.HERVIEU and R.TORRI, "automotive bodywork general technology and maintenance" Edition Foucher. P.60;
http: //www.analyse du frein pdf.fr/ (accessed on April 04, 2018 at 10:15 am) page 3 to 4.
http://www.carinf.com./ (accessed May 04, 2018 at 11:48 pm);
http://www.fiche-auto.fr/ (accessed on April 04, 2018 at 07:48);
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ source code (accessed May 10, 2018 at 14:48).
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section