DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF AN INTELLIGENT FIRE DETECTION SYSTEM FOR AIRCRAFT
Keywords:Fire Detection, Artificial Neural Network, Simulation, Back Propagation, Intelligent Fire Alarm
Fire detection system and fire warning are design features of an aircraft. Fire detection system protects the aircraft and passengers both in case of actual fire during flight. But spurious fire warning during flight creates a panic situation in flight crews and passengers. The conventional fire alarm system of an aircraft is triggered by false signal. ANN based fire detection system provides real observation of deployed zones. An intelligent fire detection system is developed based on artificial neural network using three detection information such as heat (temperature), smoke density and CO gas. This Information helps in determining the probability of three representative of Fire condition which is Fire, smoke and no fire. The simulated MATLAB results Show that the errors in identification are very less. The neural network based fire detection system integrates different types of sensor data and improves the ability of system to correct prediction of fires. It gives early alarm when any kind of fire broke out and helps to decrease in spurious warning.
Toomey. J. M, and A. E. Smith, Performance Measures, Consistency and Power for Artificial Neural Networks, Mathematical Computational Modeling Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 240-255, 2015 .
Cheng, C.. "One Fire Detection Method Using Neural Networks", Tsinghua Science & Technology, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S1007-0214(11)70005-0
Blake, D. FAA Technical Center, Fire Safety Section, Report No DOT/FAA/AR-TN0029, June 2015
AUBE’01 12th International Conference on Automatic Fire Detection Mar 25-28, 2001.
Jackson, M. A., and Robins, I., "Gas Sensing for Fire Detection: European Standard Fire Tees, " Fire Safety Journal 22, pp. 181-205, 1994. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0379-7112(94)90072-8
"Cargo Compartment Fire Detection Instruments," Aerospace Standard, AS 8036, Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc., Warren dale, PA, 1985.
Chaturvedi D.k., “Soft Computing Techniques and Its Applications to Electrical Engineering. Germany: Springer-Verlag., 2008.
Gnana Sheela. K, and S.N. Deepa, Analysis of computing algorithm using momentum in neural networks, Journal of Computing, Vol. 3, No. 6, pp. 163-166, 2011.
Chaturvedi D.k, Singh Manik Chandra. Journal of Aerospace Sciences and Technologies, Vol 69, No 2, 336-341, May 2017.
Laurene Fausett, Fundamentals of Neural Networks: Architecture, Algorithms, and Applications, Pearson Education, Revised 2016.
A. G. Bors and I. Pitas, Median Radial Basis Function Networks, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, Vol.7, No. 6, pp. 1351-1364, 2007.
Fan Qiang. Research of intelligent fire alarm key technologies based on artificial neural network [Dissertation]. Northwest A& F University, Shannxi, China, 2007.
Zang Xiaojie, Wang Yan, Luo Yunlin, et al. Study on fire alert detecting system on fuzzy-neural network. Journal of China Coal Society, 12 (3): 283-286, 2010.
Chen Shin-Juh, Hovde D C, Peterson K A, et al. Fire detection using smoke and gas sensors. Fire Safety Journal, 42: 507-515, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.firesaf.2007.01.006
Blagojevich M, Petkovich D, Simich D. New algorithm for adaptive alarm threshold in fire detection system. In: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Automatic Fire Detection. Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA, 2015.
Milke J A. using multiple sensors for discriminating fire detection. Fire Technol., 35: 195-209, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1015432409522
Divya, T.L. and Vijayalakshmi, Development of Frame Work for prediction of Forest Fire and Fire Spread Direction Using Neural Network. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, 2, 4878-4882, 2013.
Guo Zhairui, Fang Zhengyu. An algorithm of neural network for fire detection. Microcomputer Applications, 19 (11): 37-38, 2003.
Karouni, A., Daya, B. and Chauvet, P. Applying Decision Tree Algorithm and Neural Networks to Predict Forest Fires in Lebanon. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 63, 282-291, 2014.
Simon Haykin, Neural Networks and Learning Machines, Prentice Hall India, 2008.
Chaturvedi D.k., “Modelling and Simulation of systems using Matlab/Simulink”, CRC Press, 2008.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section