CREATING THE BEST ROUTING BY HEURISTIC ALGORITHM
In this study, Travelling Salesman Problem (TSP), an NP-hard problem, is addressed. In order to get the best results with a view to directing TSP heuristics, the ant colony algorithm was used for solution purposes. The purpose was to solve the problem of setting a course for the bread distribution trucks of Istanbul Halk Ekmek (Public Bread) Company using the ant colony algorithm on TSP. A liquid called Pheromone, which ants release in order to establish communication among them, is known as the most fundamental matter to provide this communication. In this research, artificial ants, which function with the logic of finding the shortest path in the area where they are located, were utilized. The purpose of our programme is to determine the shortest route for the arrival of the distribution trucks to the kiosks where bread is sold to the public. The route developed by the programme is displayed over Google maps. Motivation/Background: Explain the importance of the problem investigated in the paper. Include here a statement of the main research question. Method: Give a short account of the most important methods used in your investigation. Results: Present the main results reported in the paper. Conclusions: Briefly present the conclusions and importance of the results. Concisely summarize the study’s implications. Please do not include any citations in the abstract.
G. Laporte and I. H. Osman, Potvin, J., Y., (1996). “Genetic algorithms for the travelling salesman problem”, forthcoming in Annals of Operations Research on "Metaheuristics in Combinatorial Optimization",eds. 63: 339-370
Dantzig, G.B., Ramser J.B., (1959) The Truck Dispatching Problem. Management Sci. 6, 80-91 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.6.1.80
Bellman, R. (1958), “On a routing problem”, in Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, 16(1): 87-90. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/qam/102435
Cruyssen, V. D. P., Rijkaert. M.,(1978), “Heuristic for the asymetric travelling salesmanproblem”, The Journal of the Operational Research Society, 29(7):697–701. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1057/jors.1978.147
Ahuja, R. K., Magnanti, T. L., Orlin, J. B. (1993), “Network Flows: Theory, algorithmsand applications”, Prentice Hall: New Jersey, 37:211-276.
Eiselt, H. A.,, Gendreau, M., Laporte, G.(1995), “Arc routing problems, Part 1:TheChinese Postman Problem”, Operations Research, 43(2): 231–242. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1287/opre.43.2.231
Golden, B.,Bodin L., Doyle T., Stewart W,(1980), “Approximate Traveling Salesman Algorithms”,Operations Research, June 1, : 694-711. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1287/opre.28.3.694
Pan, L., (2015). Cutting Plane Method. The Chinese University of Hong Kong,Operations Research and Logistics Jan. 20.
Araque, J.R., Kudva, G., Morin, T.L., Pekny, J.F., (1994). A branch-and-cut algorithm for vehicle routing problems. Annals of Operations Research 50, 37-59. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02085634
Başkaya Z., Avcı Öztürk, B.,(2005). Tamsayılı programlamada dal kesme yöntemi ve bir ekmek fabrikasında oluşturulan araç rotalama problemine uygulanması. Uludağ Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Fakültesi Dergisi Cilt XXIV, Sayı 1, s. 101-114.
Cordeau, J.F., Gendreau, M., Laporte, G., Potvin, J.Y., Semet, F., (2002). A Guide to Vehicle Routing Heuristics. The Journal of the Operational Research Society, Vol. 53, No. 5 pp. 512-522. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jors.2601319
Bozyer, Z., Alkan, A., Fığlalı, A., (2014). Kapasite Kısıtlı Araç Rotalama Probleminin Çözümü için Önce Grupla Sonra Rotala Merkezli Sezgisel Algoritma Önerisi. Bilişim Teknolojileri Dergisi, Cilt: 7, Sayı: 2
Atmaca, E., (2012). Bir Kargo Şirketinde Araç Rotalama Problemi ve Uygulaması. Türk Bilim Araştırma Vakfı Dergisi, Cilt:5, Sayı:2, Sayfa: 12-27
Eryavuz, M., Gencer, C., (2001). Araç Rotalama Problemlerine Ait Bir Uygulama.Süleyman Demirel Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Fakültesi C.6, S.1, s.139-155.
Nilsson, C., (2003). Heuristics for the Traveling Salesman Problem. Linköping University.
Nurcahyo, G.W., Alias, R.A., Shamsuddın, S.M., Sap., M.N.M., (2002), Sweep Algorithm in Vehicle Routing Problem For Public Transport. Jurnal Antarabangsa (Teknologi Maklumat) 2(2002): 51-64.
Ropke, S., (2005). Heuristic and exact algorithms for vehicle routing problems.
Düzakın, E., Demircioğlu, M., (2009). Araç Rotalama Problemleri ve Çözüm Yöntemleri. Çukurova Üniversitesi İİBF Dergisi Cilt:13. Sayı:1, ss.68-87.
Laporte, G., (1992). The Vehicle Routing Problem: An overview of exact and approximatealgorithms. European Journal of Operational Research 59, 345-358. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-2217(92)90192-C
Şahin, Y., Eroğlu, A., (2014). Kapasite Kısıtlı Araç Rotalama Problemi İçin Metasezgisel Yöntemler: Bilimsel Yazın Taraması.Süleyman Demirel Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Fakültesi Dergisi C.19, S.4, s.337-355.
Genreau, M., Potvin, J.Y., Braysy, O., Hasle, G., Lokketangen, A., (2007). Metaheuristics for the vehicle routing problem and its extensions: a categorized bibliography. CIRRELT-2007-27.
Çevik, K.K., Koçer, H.E., (2013). Parçacık Sürü Optimizasyonu ile Yapay Sinir Ağları Eğitimine Dayalı Bir Esnek Hesaplama Uygulaması. Süleyman Demirel Üniversitesi Fen Bilimleri Enstitüsü Dergisi, 17 (2), 39-45.
Copyright (c) 2017 Mehmet ŞİRİN, Tuğba ALTINTAŞ, Ali GÜNEŞ
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section