A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF DISTRICT INDUSTRIES CENTRE LISTED ENTREPRENEURS OF ASSAM WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO JORHAT DISTRICT
This study aims to examine the trend of assorted DIC registered business enterprise in Jorhat district of Assam. Data of six financial year i.e. 2010-11 to 2015-16 are taken into consideration to measures the various aspects which are related to entrepreneurial growth and employment generation. By comprising four objectives, this study attempts to focus on various areas such as engagement of male and female entrepreneurs in manufacturing and service sector, share of various of agro and non-agro based enterprises, employment generation scenario and impact of investment in plant and machinery in annual turnover. In the study it was found that in the initial three years share of male entrepreneurs was more and from the financial year 2014-15 to 2015-16, share of female entrepreneurs increased drastically. The weightage of non-agro based business is much higher than agro-based business and ratio of annual turnover to investment in plant and machinery marginal except in the year 2012-13 which was 17:1.
Annual Report 2016-17. New Delhi: Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
DIC. (2017, November Monday). Retrieved from Government of Assam Industries and Commerce: https://industries.assam.gov.in
Jayalakshmi, M., & Gayathri, S. (2016). Role of District Industries centre in the development of Micro, Small and Medium Entreprises in Virudhunagar District. International Journal of Commerce, Business and Management, 5(1), 102-113.
L, B., & Sowmya, S. R. (2017). Role of District Industrial Centers in entrepreneurship development. International Journal of Science Technology and Management, 5(6), 495-500.
Sekar, M., & Ganesan, R. (2012). A study on SSI entrepreneur’s business performance and it's constrains before and after registering DIC -special reference to Thoothukudi districts. International Journal of Business Management Economics research, 3(5), 614-619.
Unemployment rate. (2017, October Monday). Retrieved from Trading economics: https://tradingeconomics.com/india/unemployment-rate
Veena, M., & Nagaraja, N. (2013). Comparison of male and female entrepreneurs- an empirical study. International Journal of Engineering and Management Science, 3(6), 138-143.
Paramasivan, C., & Pasupathi, R. (2016). Performance of agro-based industries in India. National Journal of Advanced Research, 2(6), 25-28.
Copyright (c) 2018 Naba Das
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section