THE HUMANITIES THROUGH ARCHITECTURE
Architecture has taken various impression and expression of what it is and its intent through the perspective of man, by the reflection of the place and its existence through time. The architecture being viewed as humanities was one progressive perspective by man, spanning from the period when buildings were erected in the past to the present. Architecture is a peculiar public art with buildings having a social function, and many buildings have public interface. The paper discusses architecture as discipline, which personifies man as the important entity and is define through primary humanistic disciplines philosophy, history, language, literature and theology .The appropriate conclusive contention is to view architecture through the atmosphere of humanities which affirms meaning and purpose to modern science, rather than merely comprising a series of supplementary fields of intellectual enquiry, alongside with scientific counterparts.
Barwis e, Jon; Perry, John 1983. Situations and Attitudes. Cambridge, London: MIT Press
Ciriaco Morón Arroyo and Ciriaco Morón Arroyo 2002, The Humanities in the Age of Technology, Catholic Universities of America Press.)
Davidso n, Donald 1984. Inquiries into Truth and Interpretation. Oxford: Clarendon Press; New York.
Donough o, Martin 1987. The Language of Architecture. – Journal of Aesthetic Education, Vol. 21 (3), pp. 53–67 DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/3332870
Goodma n, Nelson 1992. How buildings mean. – The Philosophy of the Visual Arts. Ed. Philip Alperson. New York, Oxford: Oxford University Press, pp. 368–376.
Scruto n, Roger 1979. The Aesthetics of Architecture. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
Solá-Morale s, Ignasi de 1996. Present and futures: Architecture in cities. – Present and Futures: Architecture in Cities. Eds. Ignasi de Solá-Morales, Xavier Costa. Barcelona: Collegi d’Arquitectes de Catalunya, Centre de Cultura Contemporània deBarcelona, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1162/thld_a_00546
Copyright (c) 2018 P. Meenakumari
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section