PLASTIC MONEY: PROSPECTIVE AND CHALLENGES
In present era, it is impossible to imagine modern bank transactions, commercial transactions and other payments without using the plastic cards. Plastic currency is now gradually becoming a necessity across the globe as more and more developed countries are opting for plastic compared to paper as there are several inherent advantages. The growing involvement of smart phones has made technology applications much more accessible to users. The Government also move forward for a “Digital India” and its focus on growing electronic payments is significant drivers of growth in replacing physical payments with technologybacked solutions. India is at the stage of an amazing shift towards electronic money from traditional cash. For instance the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), is slowly building recognition among people to move from paper to electronic money. The PMJDY alone has seeded over 150 million Rupay cards in the last year, in addition to the 400 million debit cards already in circulation. There is still emergence for significant increase in the usage of debit cards in the years to come as card. This paper focus on the challenges and future prospects of plastic money in India.
Anupama Sharma (2012), “Plastic card frauds and the countermeasures: Towards safer payment mechanism”, International Journal of Research in Commerce, It &Management, Vol. 2, No. 4.
Bansi Patel and Urvi Amin (2012), “Plastic Money: Road may Towards Cash Less Society”, Paripex Indian journal Of Research , Vol. 1, No. 11, ISSN-2250-1991.
KamesamVepa (2003), “Indian Economic Scenario Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow”, Speech, Reserve Bank of India, Retrieved April 08, 2008 from
http://www.rbi.org.in/ scripts/BS_SpeechesView.aspx? Id=1375.
KhandelwalAni K (2006), “Doing Business in India: The Big Picture Bankers respective”, USIndia Business Summit, Retrieved March 20, 2008 from www.buyusa.gov/india/en/327.ppt6.
Mandeep Kauri and Kamal preet Kauri (2008), “Development of Plastic Cards Market: Past, Present and Future Scenarioin Indian Banks”,Asia-Pacific Business Review,Vol. IV, No.4, pp62- 74, ISSN: 0973-24707.
Manivannan P (2013), “Plastic Money a way for cash Less Payment System”,Global Research Analysis , Vol. II, No. I.8.Mishra Gaurie (2007), Indians Get Elastic with Plastic Money
Copyright (c) 2018 Bhawna Mukaria
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section