SUKUH TEMPLE IN KARANG ANYAR CENTRAL JAVA
In the Majapahit royal government all elements including culture in the lives of the people, such as sculpture, literary arts, and stage art must all be religious. One of the very unique and specific relics of the Majapahit Kingdom is the Sukuh temple in Central Java, the uniqueness of the temple relief depicting the symbol of human reproduction. Sukuh Temple is a Hindu temple in Majapahit era located in Central Java, located in Sukuh Hamlet, Berjo Village, Ngargoyoso District, Karanganyar Regency, Central Java Province. The reason for choosing the title of Sukuh Temple has a feature that is not found in other temples, especially temples in Java especially. The aim is that the specialty and uniqueness of the Sukuh temple as one of the relief of the heyday of the Majapahit Kingdom This research aims to examine the functions and meanings of the depicting reliefs as a symbol of Hinduism found in Sukuh Temple. Relief findings contained in the Sukuh temple are manifestations of the gods glorified by Hindus so that they are highly sacred. The reliefs included lingga and yoni, garuda reliefs (garudeya stories), head reliefs, and turtle statues. The functions and meanings that are very prominent in the Sukuh Temple are symbols of lingga and yoni, believed to be a symbol of fertility, because it is believed that the origin of life originated from the meeting of two genitals, male and female.
Ariani, Potensi Padung-Padung sebagai Alternatif Elemen Estetik Pada Pengembangan Desain Produk Kontemporer, Program Studi Desain Produk Fakultas Seni Rupa dan Desain.
Akhadiah Sabarti, Winda Dewi Lestari 2011, Filsafat Ilmu Lanjutan, Penerbit: Predana Media Group.
Arikunto, Suharsini 1989, Prosedur Penelitian Suatu Pendekatan Praktek. Jakarta: Penerbit: Rineka Cipta.
Arifin, M 1985. Menguak Misteri Ajaran Agama-Agama Besar. Jakarta. Penerbit : PT. Golden Terayon press.
Asmadi, Suwarno dan Soemadi 2004, Haryono. Candi Sukuh: Antara Situs Pemujaan dan Pendidikan Seks. Surakarta. Penerbit: CV Masa Baru.
Bobin AB dan Husna 1998, Candi Sukuh dan Kidung Sudamala. Jakarta Penerbit: Proyek Pengembangan Media Kebudayaan, Ditjen Kebudayaan Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan RI
Eco Umberto 2009, Teori Semiotika, Penerbit: Kreasi Wacana Yogyakarta
L. Tubs, Sylvia, Human Communication 2001, Prinsip-prinsip Dasar, Bandung Penerbit: PT Remaja Rosdakarya.
Nasrullah Rulli 2012, Komunikasi Antarbudaya, Di Era Budaya Siber, Penerbit Kencana Prenada Media Group.
Umberto Ecco 2009, Teori Semiotika, Umberto Ecco 2009.
Sumartono 2017, Metodologi Peneliti Kualitatif Seni Rupa dan Desain, Pusat Studi Reka rancang Ruang Universitas Trisakti.
Bobin AB dan Husna 1998. Candi Sukuh dan Kidung Sudamala. Jakarta: Proyek Pengembangan Media Kebudayaan, Ditjen Kebudayaan Departemen Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan RI
Copyright (c) 2018 Menul Teguh Riyanti
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section