REVIEW OF TASK SCHEDULING METHODS FOR REAL TIME TASKS IN CLOUD ENVIRONMENT
Cloud Computing is a type of Internet model that enables convenient, on-demand resources that can be used rapidly and with minimum effort. Cloud Computing can be IaaS, PaaS or SaaS. Scheduling of these tasks is important so that resources can be utilized efficiently with minimum time which in turn gives better performance. Real time tasks require dynamic scheduling as tasks cannot be known in advance as in static scheduling approach. There are different task scheduling algorithms that can be utilized to increase the performance in real time and performing these on virtual machines can prove to be useful. Here a review of various task scheduling algorithms is done which can be used to perform the task and allocate resources so that performance can be increased.
P.Mell, T. Grance, the NIST Definition of Cloud Computing, Technical Report, Sept 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.6028/NIST.SP.800-145
Neeta Patil, Deepak Aeloor,A Review-Different Scheduling Algorithms in Cloud Computing Environment, International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Control (ISCO) No. 9, IEEE, 2017, 182-185. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ISCO.2017.7855977
WeichengHuai, ZhuzhongQian, Xin Li, GangyiLuo, and Sanglu Lu, “Energy Aware Task Scheduling in DataCenters, Journal of Wireless Mobile Networks, Ubiquitous Computing, and Dependable, 2013, Volume: 4, Number: 2, 18-38.
Nancy Jain, Sakshi Choudhary, “Overview of Virtualization in Cloud Computing”, 2016, IEEE DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/CDAN.2016.7570950
Durairaj M, Kannan P, “A Study On Virtualization Techniques And Challenges In Cloud Computing”, IJSTR, Vol 3, Issue 11, Nov 2014.
Santosh Kumar, RH Goudar, “Cloud Computing –Research Issues, Challenges, Architecture, Platforms and Applications: A Survey”, IJFCC, Vol 1, Issue 4, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7763/IJFCC.2012.V1.95
EmanElghoneimy, OthmaneBouhali, Hussein Alnuweiri, “Resource Allocation and Scheduling inCloud Computing” IEEE, 2012 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCNC.2012.6167434
N R RamMohan, E, Baburaj, “Resource Allocation techniques in cloud computing-research challenges for Applications”, IEEE, 2012 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/CICN.2012.177
S. Selvarani, G. S.“Improved cost based algorithm for task scheduling in cloud computing”, IEEE, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCIC.2010.5705847
A. Verma, S. Kaushal, "Deadline constraint heuristic based genetic algorithm for workflow in cloud", Inderscience, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1504/IJGUC.2014.060199
Xiaomin Zhu, Chao Chen, Laurence T Yang, "ANGEL: Agent-Based Scheduling for Real-Time Tasks in Virtualized Clouds", IEEE, 2015.
Copyright (c) 2018 Dinkan Patel, Anjuman Ranavadiya
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section