ENCRYPTION AND DECRYPTION OF AUDIO SIGNAL BASED ON RSA ALGORITHN
Keywords:Encryption, Decryption, Cryptography, Symmetric Key Cryptosystem, Asymmetric Key Cryptosystem, RSA Algorithm
One of the most important methods to protect and verify information that are exchanged over public communication channels in the existence of third party called antagonists is encryption. The stored or transmitted message is transformed in the encryption process to unreadable or gibberish form. The reverse process in which the intendent recipient can reveal the encrypted message content is called decryption. The encryption and decryption processes are achieved using secret keys that are exclusively exchanged between the sender and recipient. This method can be applied to any form of message such as audio, video, image or text data. The current work applies the well-known RSA algorithm for audio signal encryption and decryption. The performance of the presented algorithm has been tested via experimental implementation which show that the Cpestral Distance Measure (CD), Linear Predicative Code Measure (LPC) and Segmental Spectral Signal to Noise Ratio (SSSNR) reach to 6.8781, 4.9614 and -21.5563 dB respectively using Matlab simulations. The results on the presented technique validated that it is secure, reliable and efficient to be applied in secure audio communications as well as it performed high intelligibility of the recovered audio signal.
Rahman, Md. M., Saha, T. K. and Bhuiyan, Md. A. Implementation of RSA Algorithm for Speech Data Encryption and Decryption, IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, Vol.12 No.3, March 2012, 74-82.
Khalil, M.I. Real-Time Encryption/Decryption of Audio Signal, I. J. Computer Network and Information Security, 2016, 25-31. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5815/ijcnis.2016.02.03
Christina C, M. S., Karthika, M., Vasanthi, M. and Vinotha, B. Video Encryption and Decryption using RSA Algorithm, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT), Vol. 33 No. 7, March 2016, 328-332. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14445/22315381/IJETT-V33P263
El Bakry, H. M., Taki El Deen, A. E. and El Tengy, A. H. Implementation of an Encryption Scheme for Voice Calls, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 144, No.2, June 2016, 24- 27. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5120/ijca2016910116
Sayyad, S. N., Sutar, P. S., Pise, R. S., Raut, V. H. and Nalawade, C.V. Dual-layer Video Encryption & Decryption using RSA Algorithm, International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 5, Issue 4, April 2017, 7661-7668.
Sharma, Er. J. and Rani, J. An Efficient Hybrid Approach for Secure Speech Cryptography, International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing, Vol.6 Issue.1, January, 2017, 23-29.
Priyanka, S. and Hemalatha, B. Speech Data Encryption and Decryption Using Elliptic Curve Cryptography”, International Journal of Research in Computer Science, Vol. 3, Issue 1, 2016, 48- 53.
Kaur, J. and Singh, Er. K. P. Comparative Study of Speech Encryption Algorithms Using Mobile Applications, International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT), Vol. 4, Issue 7, July 2013, 2346-2350.
Khatri, S., Mathur, A. and Sharma, S. Parallel Implementation of Cryptographic Algorithm for Image Encryption”, International Journal for Technological Research in Engineering, Vol. 4, Issue 2, October 2016, 424-426.
Abdullah, H. N, Hreshee, S. S. and Jawad, A. K. Design of Efficient Noise Reduction Scheme for Secure Speech Masked by Chaotic Signals, Journal of American Science, 2015, 49-55.
Al-saad, S. N. and Hashim, E. H. A Speech Scrambler Algorithm Based on chaotic system, AlMustansiriyah J. Sci., Vol. 24, No 5, 2013, 357-372.
Mahdi, A., Jawad, A. K. and Hreshee, S. S. Digital Chaotic Scrambling of Voice Based on Duffing Map, International Journal of Information and Communication Sciences, 2016, 16-21.
Al Saad, S. N., and Hato, E. A Speech Encryption based on Chaotic Maps, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 93, No 4, May 2014, 19-28. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5120/16203-5488
Abd Elzaher, M. F., Shalaby, M. and El Ramly, S. H. Securing Modern Voice Communication Systems using Multilevel Chaotic Approach, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 135, No.9, February 2016, 17-21. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5120/ijca2016908497
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section