SOLAR WATER SEA DISTILLATION USING CONDENSER
Water is one of the main needs of living things, especially humans who need clean water for drinking, bathing, washing and other purposes. However, many regions have difficulties to get clean water, especially people who live on the beach, thus many experts try to process seawater into clean water which is worth drinking. One of the ways to process salt water into fresh water is by distillation. In this research, the author tries to distill water with the help of condenser. In this research, the author made an evaporation chamber of 80 cm x 100 cm x 30 cm. Through the use of solar-powered blower, vapor is inhaled from the evaporation chamber, therefore the pressure on the evaporation chamber will fall, so that the evaporation will occur much faster and the resulting vapor can be supplied to the condenser for cooling. From the test result using variation of blower rotation of 2800 rpm, 2200 rpm, and 1200 rpm, each condensate water produced from the distillation process are 215 ml/h, 410 ml/h, and 250 ml/hr. The condensate resulted from the highest rotation (2800 rpm) produces less condensate, thus based on our observation, we temporarily conclude that it occurs because there is water vapor coming out from the condensate, but more accurate research is needed to confirm it. Condensate of 410 ml/hour is still not as expected, thus this research will be continued in order to reach the expected result.
Abdul Kadir. A.1982. Energi. Penerbit Universitas Indonesia, Salemba.
Astawa, Ketut., Sucipta, Made. 2011. Analisa Performansi Destilasi Air LautTenaga Surya Menggunakan Penyerap Radiasi Surya TipeBergelombangBerbahan DasarBeton. JurnalIlmiah TeknikMesin Universitas Udayana Cakra M Vol.3 No.1. (7-13)
AkhirudinTaufik. 2008. DesainAlatDestilasi AirLautDenganSumberEnergiTenaga Surya SebagaiAlternatifPenyediaan Air Bersih. Skripsi Program Studi Teknologi Hasil Perikanan, Fakultas Perikanandan IlmuKelautan, Institut Pertanian Bogor.
BambangTriatmodjo. 2010. HidrologiTerapan. Yogyakarta: Beta Offset.
Holman,JP.Heat Transfer. McGraw Hill Book Company. New York
Atheer Al-yaqoobi, David Hogg, and William B. Zimmerman1. Microbubble Distillation for Ethanol-Water Separation. Hindawi Publishing Corporation International Journal of Chemical Engineering Volume 2016, Article ID 5210865, 10 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/5210865 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/5210865
Ugwuoke E.C, Ude M.U, Osondu L.C, Eze N.N, Ukwuani S.T. Performance Evaluation of A Solar Still. International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research Volume 4, Issue 09, September 2015
G. Thamilvanan1vand R. SenthamilSelvi. Distillation of ethanol from Sugar Molasses. International Journal of Medicine and Biosciences. Int J Med Biosci. 2013; 2(1): 33 ‐ 35
Copyright (c) 2018 Rahmad Samosir
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section