FACTORS INFLUENCING THE INVESTORS TO INVEST IN MUTUAL FUNDS: AN EMPIRICAL ANALYSIS
Indian mutual fund industry started with traditional products like equity fund, debt fund and balanced fund and later significantly increased it’s product base. Today, the industry has introduced a wide range of products such as money market funds, sector specific funds, index funds, gilt funds, insurance linked funds, exchange traded funds, and marching towards reality funds. The different types of schemes offered by the Indian mutual fund industry provide several options of investment to common man. What is noteworthy is that bulk of the mobilization has been by the private sector mutual funds rather than bank sponsored mutual funds. Through this paper the author has attempted to focus on the the factors that motivate the investors to invest in mutual funds.
Bogle J C (1992), “Selecting Equity Mutual Fund”, The Journal of Portfolio Management, Vol. 18 No.2, PP. 94-100. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3905/jpm.1992.409402
3. D.W Harless, S.P. Peterson, Investor behaviour and the persistence of poorly-performing mutual funds, Journal of Economic Behaviour &Organization, 37, (1998), 257-276. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-2681(98)00093-6
Desigan Gnana, Kalaselvi S and Ansuya L (2006),” Women Consumers Perception Towards Investment: An empirical Study,” Indian Journal of Marketing, April
Dhimen Jani and Dr. Rajeev Jain, A comparative analysis of investors buying behavior of urban rural for financial assets specifically focused on mutual fund, International Monthly Refereed Journal of Research In Management & Technology Volume II, March’13
Dr. K. Lakshmana Rao (2011),” Analysis of Consumers perception towards mutual fund schemes”, Zenith International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, Vol. 1 Issue 8, December 2011, ISSN 22315780
Ippolito R A (1992),” Consumer Reaction to Measure of Poor Quality: evidence from the mutual fund industry,” Journal of Law and Economics, Vol. 35, pp. 45-70 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1086/467244
Jambodekar, M.V (1996). Marketing strategies of mutual fund – Current Practices and Future Directions Working Paper, UTI IIM, Centre for capital market education and Research, Banglore
Shabgon, M. Mousavi, A. (2016). Behavioural Finance: Behavioural Factors Influencing Investor’s Decisions Making , Advanced Social Humanities and Management, 3(1) ,1-6.
Siddiqui, S., Shuchita, S. (2009). Behaviour Influence on Stock Market Investments: a surve. The Journal of Management Awareness, 12(2), 95-104.
Shefrin, H., & Statman, M. (2000). Behavioral portfolio theory. Journal of financial and quantitative analysis, 35(02),127-151. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/2676187
Copyright (c) 2019 Bishwajit Rout, Sangeeta Mohanty
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section