INVESTIGATE THE EFFECT OF DIFFERENT DESIGN PARAMETER ON PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF STRAIGHT BLADEVERTICAL AXIS WIND TURBINE (SB-VAWT)
Energy is an essential ingredient for socioeconomic development and economic growth country. Energy is available in two different forms, fast depleting or non-renewable (coal, fuel, natural gas) and renewable (solar, wind, hydro etc.). In fact, one of the biggest sources of energy is all around us all of the time, the wind. Every year the number of installed wind power plants in the world increases. Vertical axis wind turbines (VAWT) are capable of producing a lot of power, and offer many advantages for small-scale and domestic applications. One drawback of Darrieus Type VAWT is their inability to reliably self-start at a low tip speed ratio . The main purpose of the study described here is to investigate the effect of different design
parameter on performance evaluation of SB-VAWTs.
Chirag Soni1 Smit Thakkar, Review on Aerodynamic Performance Evaluation of Straight Blade Vertical Axis Wind Turbine, IJSRD - International Journal for Scientific Research & Development| Vol. 2, Issue 08, 2014 | ISSN (online): 2321-0613
Global wind energy market as of 2006. Press release of Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC), www.gwec.net/publications/global-wind-report-2 (2010 accessed 9 July 2006).
Global wind energy market as of 2010. Press release of Global Wind Energy Council (
Tapan H. Barot1, Hitesh Jariwala2, MayurKevadiy A Review on Straight Bladed Vertical Axis H-Type Darrieus Wind Turbine, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, Special Issue 6, May 2015
Peace, S. Another approach to wind (cover story). Matchen 2004;126 (6): 28GWEC), DOI: https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2004-JUN-2
Diaries GJM. Turbine having its rotating shaft transverse to the flow of the current. US Patent no 1.835.018, 1931.
Muhammad Mahmood Aslam Bhutta, Nasir Hayat, Ahmed Uzair Farooq, Zain Ali, ShRehan Jamil and Zahid Hussain, “Vertical axis wind turbine – A review of various configurations and design techniques” in Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 16, 2012, pp 1926– 1939. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2011.12.004
Mazharul Islam_, David S.-K. Ting, Amir Fartaj, Aerodynamic models for Darrieus-type straight-bladed vertical axis wind turbines, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 12 (2008) 1087–1109 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2006.10.023
Singh, M.A., Biswas A., Misra R.D., Investigation of self-starting and high rotor solidity on the performance of a three S1210 blade H-type Darrieus rotor a Deptt. Of Mechanical Engg, NIT Silchar, Silchar, Assam 788 010, India Renewable Energy 76 (2015) 381e387
Li, S., Li Y., Numerical study on the performance effects of solidity on the straight-bladed vertical axes wind turbine, Power and energy Engineering Conference, 2010 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/APPEEC.2010.5449269
Marco RacitiCastelli, Stefano De Betta and Ernesto Benini, Effect of Blade Number on a Straight-Bladed Vertical-Axis Darreius Wind Turbine, International Journal of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering 6 2012
Copyright (c) 2015 Farhan Khammas, Mustaffa M.T., Ryspek U, Kadhim Askar, Ahmed Qasimr, Ghulam Quadir
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section