DEVELOPMENT OF PID LIKE FLC ALGORITHM FOR INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS
Keywords:PID controller, fuzzy logic controller, fuzzy PID controller, MATLAB Simulink
Now a day, in many industries different types of controllers (PD, PID, PLC, FLC etc.) are used. One of them is fuzzy logic controller. Here we develop a PID like fuzzy logic controller for industrial application, such application is water purification plant. For developing the PID like FLC, first we have to design a PID algorithm than we develop an algorithm for fuzzy logic controller. By comparing this two of controller we will develop a PID like FLC. A simple PID controller is sum of three type of controller proportional, integral and derivative controller, after simulated on MATLAB. Same cases we can be develop a structure of FLC for water purification plant. In the water purification plant raw water or ground water is promptly purified by injecting chemical rates at rates, related to water quality . The feed of chemical rate judged and determined by the skilled operator. Here we try to develop an FLC algorithm so that the feed rate of coagulant is can be judged automatically without any skilled operator, than compose a PID like FLC for water purification plant process.
Larsen P.M. Industrial Applications of Fuzzy Logic Control, IntJ.Man-Machine Studies. p.3- 10.1980. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7373(80)80050-2
ItohO Sugeno M and Yagishita O. Application of Fuzzy Reasoning to the Water Purification Process. In industrial application of fuzzy Control, M.Sugeno.North Holland.1985.
Lee CC. Fuzzy logic in control systems: fuzzy logic controller-part I.IEEE. Tans.Sys.Man.Sybc.20(2).1990. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/21.52552
CarseB Fogarty TC Munro A. evolving fuzzy rule based controllers using genetic algorithms. Elsevier.1995. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-0114(95)00196-4
Aranguren G Barron M Joseba l,Arroyabe and gonzalogarcia-carreira. A pipe-line fuzzy controller in FPGA.Fuzz. In Proc IEEE. Conf. cond.monitor, p- 635- 640, 1997.
Solano SS Barriga A Jiménez CJ andHuertas JL. Designand Application of Digital Fuzzy Controllers. FUZZ-IEEE, 2 : 869-874. 1997.
Ying H.Fuzzy Control and Modeling, Analytical Foundations and Applications. Institute of Electrical and ElectronicEngineers Inc.. USA. 2000. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/9780470544730
Gabrielli A, Gandolfi E and Falchieri D . Very Fast Rate 2-InputFuzzy Processor for High Energy Physics. 132(2) : 261-272. 2002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(02)00122-7
Tao CW Taur JS .Flexible Complexity Reduced PID-Like Fuzzy Controllers.IEEE.Trans.Sys.Man.Cybtcs.30(4):2004. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/3477.865168
GauravAmrit K.Comparison between Conventional PID and Fuzzy Logic Controller for Liquid Flow Control: Performance Evaluation of Fuzzy Logic and PID Controller by Using MATLAB/Simulink.IJITEE.1(1).2012.
ShakyaR Rajanwal K Patel S Dinkar P .Design and Simulation of PD, PID and Fuzzy Logic Controller for Industrial Application.IJICT
Singh G Kumai PGoyal D. A Review: Fuzzy Logic and Its Application.Natl. Conf. Syngc. Trnd. Eng.Tech.2014
Ibrahim AM. Introduction to Applied Fuzzy Electronics.Pearson Educatio Inc.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section