ESTIMATION OF PROCESS CAPABILITY IN BAYESIAN PARADIGM
Keywords:Bayesian Estimator, Conjugate Prior, Posterior Distribution, Process Capability Index, Process Variance
The process capability index (PCI),
Bhat, S. V., and Gokhale, K. D., (2014). Posterior Control Charts for Process Variance Based on Various Priors. Journal of the Indian Society for probability and statistics. 15, 52-66. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/344429718_POSTERIOR_CONTROL_CHARTS_FOR_PROCESS_VARIANCE_BASED_ON_VARIOUS_PRIORS
Bhat, S. V., and Gokhale, K. D., (2016). Posterior Control Chart for Standard Deviation based on Conjugate Prior. Journal of Indian Statistical Association. 54(1-2), 157- 166. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/344429584_Posterior_Control_Chart_for_standard_deviation_based_on_Conjugate_Prior
Chan, L. K., Cheng, S. W., and Spiring, F. A., (1988). A New Measure of Process Capability: Journal of Quality Technology. 20(3), 162-175. https://doi.org/10.1080/00224065.1988.11979102
Cheng, S. W., and Spiring, F. A., (1989). Assessing process capability: a Bayesian approach, IIE Transactions. 97-98. https://doi.org/10.1080/07408178908966212
Gokhale, K. D. (2017). Studies in statistical quality control using prior information. An Unpublished thesis submitted to the Karnatak, University Dharwad. https://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/handle/10603/221506
Kane, V. K. (1986). Process capability indices, Journal of Quality Technology, 41-52. https://doi.org/10.1080/00224065.1986.11978984
Kotz, S., Johnson, N. L. (2002). Process capability indices--a review, 1992-2000. Journal of Quality Technology, 34(1), 1-19. https://doi.org/10.1080/00224065.2002.11980119
Montgomery, D. C. (1996). Introduction to statistical quality control (6th Edition ed.). John Wiley and Sons. http://ie.sharif.edu/~qc/Introduction%20to%20statistical%20qulity%20control,%206th%20edition.pdf
Pearn, W. L. and Wu, C. W. (2005). A Bayesian approach for assessing process precision based on multiple samples, European Journal of Operational Research. 165(3), 685-695. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2004.02.009
Shiau, J. H., Chiang, C., and Hung, H. (1999). A Bayesian procedure for process capability assessment, Quality and Reliability Engineering International 15, 369-378. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1638(199909/10)15:5<369::AID-QRE262>3.0.CO;2-R
Spiring, F. A. (1995). Process capability: a total quality management tool, Total Quality Management 6, 21-33. https://doi.org/10.1080/09544129550035558
Wilson, E. B., Hilferty, M. M. (1931). The Distribution of Chi-Square. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 17, 684-688. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.17.12.684
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Chetan Malagavi, Sharada V. Bhat
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section