NOVEL ANIMAL WELL BEING CENTRIC ZOO LAYOUT MODEL AND ITS APPLICATION AT DHAULADHAR NATURE PARK (A SMALL ZOOLOGICAL PARK)
Keywords:Zoological Park, Himachal Pradesh, Architectural
Zoological parks are the ex-situ conservation facilities to complement and strengthen the national efforts in conservation and strengthen the rich biodiversity of the country, particularly the fauna.The architectural design or the map of the zoo depicting location and dimensions of the office,exhibit area, indoor holding area, visitor paths etc are some of the major components of Master (Layout) Plan of the Zoo. Central Zoo Authority is the competent authority to approve the Master (Layout) Plan of the recognized zoological parks recognized by CZA. This Master (Layout) Plan model design takes into account of 3 key parameters that one should keep in mind while designing the zoo: Animal welfare (i.e., making animal housing facility as comfortable as possible), seamless visitor experience and smooth working of zoo management personnel.
Mental health (n.d.) and well beingin animals by David John Stepherdson ( Retd), Oregon zoo and Kathy Carlstead, Smithsonian institution.
Zoos in India (2014), Legislation, policy, guidelines and strategy .
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section