OCCURRENCE OF ELEPHANTIASIS IN NANDURBAR DISTRICT, OF (M.S), INDIA
Keywords:Elephantiasis, Wuchereria-Bancrofti, Culexpipiens, C. Fatigans, C.Quinquifiatus, Nandurbar
Elephantiasis is caused by parasite Wuchereria bancrofti transmitted through the bites of Culex pipiens, C. quinquefaciatus, C. fatigans, B.malayi, Aedes niveus in Andaman and Nicobar islands.mosquitoes. Diseased organisms body transmits the Wuchereria bancrofti to healthy person. Elephantiasis is also known as Filariasis.
Agrawal, V. K. &V.K.Shashidran , (21, June, 2011) :- Lymphatic Filariasis in India, Problems, Challenges, &New initiatives. Medical Journal of Armed Forces India.
Ahirrao, I. S. (1996-2009) -Taxonomic Studies on some insect Orders viz., Diptera, Lepidoptera and Coleoptera of Dhule district. Ph. D. Thesis submitted to KBCNMU, JALGAON, India.
Lokmat Daily Newspaper, Published data (2015, December, 15-16).
Multispecies Transcriptomics. mSystemsDOI:-http://doi.org/10.1128/mSystems 00596-19.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention. “Lymphatic Filariasis”. Retrieved,18 July,2010.
“Lymphatic Filariasis, “. Health tropics, A to Z sources, The WHO,, Retrieved 24,Mar.2013.
Wheeler, L. “Microfilarae of Dirofilaria immitis (Heart worms) surrounded by the Non-plastic Lymphocytes”.Flickr.Retrieved 2,Dec.2017.
“Seva Fila “(PDF):-JB.Tropical Diseases Research Centre and Department of Biochemistry, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences.
United States Centres for Disease Control,Lymphatic Filariasis, treatment, Retrieved, 17,July, 2008.
Taylor, M. J. (October, 2010): -Lymphatic Filariasis, Lancet 376. (9747) :1175-85, doing:10. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(10)60586-7
Basu, B. C. &Rao, S. S. (1939) Ind. Journal of Medical Research, 27,233.
Elephantiasis (2009): -https://rare diseases. Org/rare diseases/elephantiasis.
Chandler A. (1924-1929) :-Parasitology, 16,398. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S003118200002028X
Bhalerao, G. D. (1935) Imperial Council of Agriculture and Research. Monograph, 6.
Chatterjee, K. C. (1954) Indian Journal of Medical Association, 24,146.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS) (June 15,2014): -https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/lymphatic filariasis/gen.info/faqs.html
N. G. S. Raghavan, (1957) :-Epidemiology of Filariasis in India. 16,553-579.
Hoerauf, A. (2008) December, Filariasis New drugs and new opportunities for lymphatic Filariasis and Onchocerciasis: - Current opinion in infectious diseases 21, (6) 673-681. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/QCO.0b013e328315cde7
Ganguly, N. K. (9, Jan. 2018) :- The final lap towards elimination of lymphatic Filariasis. Business Line.
Senthilingam, Meera, (24, April 2015) :-Every last Worm : Eliminating Elephantiasis in India. CNN.
Sharma, Neetu Chandra (30 October, 2019)- India to eliminate lymphatic Filariasis by 2021:-Dr. Harshvardhan , Minister of Government of India, Livemint.
Kuttial, et. al. (January 2020):-Frequent &clinical significance of Localized Adverse Events following Mass Drug Administration (MDA) for Lymphatic Filariasis in endemic Areas of South India:-The American Journal of Tropical Medicine And Hygiene. :-102(1) :96-99 doi: 10.4269/ajtmh. 19-0532.
Roshan K. Padvi, Study of common mosquitoes species in Toranmal Hill Station Circle of Nandurbar district. (January 20,2019) https://www.researchgate.net ISSN: -2455-2631, IJRDS Vol. (4). Issue 1.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section