PROMOTION REDUCTION INCREASED MARKET SHARE INSURANCE INDUSTRY IN INDONESIA
Keywords:Distribution Channels, Promotion Costs, Sales, Market Share
The purpose of this study is to analyze the effects of distribution channels and promotion costs mediated by sales on the market share of life insurance products in Indonesia, a sample of ten insurance companies with the data used is time series data taken from the 2014 annual report of the company and the total insurance industry sales report taken from 2014 - 2018, the analysis technique used is the path analysis technique using two regression equations which are the development of regression analysis and the sobel test to determine indirect effect, the distribution channels mediated by sales have a significant effect which means that if there is an increase in the number of distribution channels there will be an increase in market share, while the promotion costs in mediating the sales have a significant negative effects indicate that the cost reduction a promotion will increase the market share of life insurance companies in Indonesia.
Motivation/Background: Explain reduction promotion will increase the market share of life insurance companies.
Method: Two regression equations analysis and the sobel test to determine indirect effect.
Results: Reduction in promotion will increase market share.
Conclusions: Mediating sales have a significant negative effect indicate reduction a promotion will increase the market share of life insurance companies.
Andelkovic, A., Barac, N., Radosajevic, M., (2017). Analysis of Distribution Channels successfulness The Case of The Retail Chains in The Republic of Serbia. Economic Themes55(4):501-519. https://econpapers.repec.org/article/vrsecothe/v_3a55_3ay_3a2017_3ai_3a4_3ap_3a501- 519_3an_3a4.htm
Armstrong, G., & Kotler, P. (2016). Marketing: An Introduction (13th Edition). New Jersey: Pearson Education LTD.
Berkowitz, E., Kerin, R., Hartley, S., & Rudelius, W. (2018). Marketing (6th Edition, Vol. 1–6). America: The McGraw-hill Companies.
Maryatun & Aryanti. (2017). Pengaruh Penerapan Saluran Distribusi Terhadap Tingkat Pendapatan pada Pengusaha Kripik Pisang Dikota Metro Tahun 2016 Jurnal Promosi 5(1) http://ojs.fkip.ummetro.ac.id/index.php/ekonomi/article/view/847
Mathur, Sameer and Sinitsyn Maxim (2013) Price Promotions in Emerging Markets. International Journal of Industrial Organization 31(5) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijindorg.2013.07.001 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijindorg.2013.07.001
Moutinho, Luiz, (1988) “Is Your Company Planning Gains in Market share”. European Management Journal, 6(3), 209-215 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0263-2373(98)90005-6 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0263-2373(98)90005-6
Min, Sungwook & Wolfinbarger, Mary., (2004) Market share, profit margin, and marketing efficiency of early movers, bricks and clicks, and specialists in e-commerce”. Journal of Business Research DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2004.02.005
(8):1030-1039 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/4967226_Market_share_profit_margin_and_ma rketing_efficiency_of_early_movers_bricks_and_clicks_and_specialists_in_e-commerce
Romadhona, Fajar (2017) Pengaruh Jumlah Kantor dan Biaya Promosi Terhadap Market Share Dengan Dana Pihak Ketiga (DPK) Sebagai Variabel Intervening pada Bank Umum Syariah dan Unit Usaha Syariah di Indonesia Periode 2013-2017. http://eprints.iain- surakarta.ac.id/3015/
Royan, F. (2009). Distributorship Management. PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Suryawan, Indra (2017) Analisis Pengaruh Biaya Promosi Terhadap Peningkatan Volume Penjualan pada Perusahaan Timbangan “SSS” Surakarta. https://digilib.uns.ac.id
Sunyoto, D. (2013). Dasar-dasar Manajemen Pemasaran: Konsep, Strategi dan Kasus. (Edisi Pertama, Vol. 1–1). Yogyakarta: CLAPS.
Swastha, B., & Handoko, T. (2012). Manajemen Pemasaran Analisis Perilaku Konsumen. BFFE Yogyakarta.
Syaharudin, Aswin (2015) Pengaruh Biaya Promosi Terhadap Peningkatan Penjualan Rumah Pada Perumahan Grand Aroepala di Makassar. Iqtisaduna 1 (2): 1-17 http://journal.uin- alauddin.ac.id/index.php/Iqtisaduna/article/view/1191
Vakratsas, Demetrios (2008) The Effect of Advertising, Price and Distribution on Market share Volatility. European Journal of Operational Research 187(1), 283-293 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2007.02.034 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2007.02.034
Wilbur, Kenneth C., Farris, Paul W., (2013). Distribution and Market Share. Journal of retailing. Journal of Retailing, https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1175869
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section