DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF T-STUB U-SLOT NOTCH BAND FREQUENCY RECONFIGURABLE ANTENNA USING PARAMETRIC ANALYSIS FOR WIRELESS COMMUNICATION APPLICATIONS
Keywords:Reconfigurability, Bandwidth, Notch Band, PIN Diodes.
The design and analysis of a T-Stub U-Slot Frequency Reconfigurable Notch band antenna is considered in the present work using Coplanar Waveguide feed network for an efficient power transfer to improve the bandwidth characteristics of the antenna. The designed antenna has a dimension of 24X21X1.6 mm with FR4 substrate having a permittivity of 4.4. The proposed antenna consists of a T-Stub and U-Slots which are used to enhance the performance characteristics of the antenna. The reconfigurability is achieved by placing PIN diodes at T-Stub and U-Slots of the antenna design. The designed antenna is more suitable for WLAN, Wi-Fi, LTE and Bluetooth applications. Simulation results are obtained using CST tool and the same are presented at the end.
Cho, Y.J., Hwang, S.H., and Park, S.O, “Printed antenna with folded nonuniform meander line for 2.4/5 GHz WLAN bands”, Electronics Letters, Vol 41, Issue 14, 2005, pp. 786–788. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20051347
G. Vaishnavi, V. Manichandana, Ch Harinath Reddy, S. Ravi Teja, J. Sesi Kumar, “Compact Sierpinski Carpet Antenna on Destructive Ground Plane”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562, Volume 8, Number 4, June-2013, pp. 343-352.
S. S. Mohan Reddy, Bandi Sanjay, D.Ujwala, Trident Shaped Ultra-Wideband Antenna Analysis based on Substrate Permittivity, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562, Volume 8, Number 12, Nov-2013, pp. 1355-1361.
Suraj Chhatkuli, A. Manikanta prasanth, Y. Bhargav, U. Dinesh Naga Venkata Sai, Syed Feeraz, Measurement of Dimensional Characteristics of Microstrip Antenna based on Mathematical Formulation, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562, Volume 9, Number 9, March-2014, pp. 1063-1074.
B. Sadasivarao, “Analysis of Hybrid Slot Antenna based on Substrate Permittivity”, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 9, No. 6, June-2014, pp 885-890.
M L S N S Lakshmi, Habibulla Khan, “Novel Sequential Rotated 2x2 Array Notched Circular Patch Antenna”, Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Review, Vol 8, issue 4, Dec-2015, pp 73-77. DOI: https://doi.org/10.25103/jestr.084.11
Kosuru Murthy, Kodidasu Umakantham, Korlapati Satyanarayana Murthy, “Reconfigurable Notch Band Monopole Slot Antenna for WLAN/IEEE-802.11n Applications”, International Journal of Intelligent Engineering and Systems, Vol 10, No 6, Oct-2017, pp 166-173. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22266/ijies2017.1231.18
Sri Jayalakshmi, Habibulla Khan, A CPW Monopole Antenna with Dual Band Characteristics for WLAN and Wi-MAX Applications, Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems, Vol 9, No 18, 2017, pp 52-60.
Sri Jayalakshmi, A CPW Fed U-Shaped Slot Antenna Array for WLAN and Air Surveillance Radar Applications, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 117, No. 18, 2017, pp 67-73.
T. Anusha, T. V. Ramakrishna, A. N. Meena Kumari, “Dual-Band-Notched CPW-Fed Antennas with WiMAX/WLAN Rejection for UWB Communication”, Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, ISSN: 1876-1100, Vol 471, 2018, pp 559-570. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-7329-8_57
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section