A STUDY ON MOVIE RECOMMENDER SYSTEMS BASED ON WORDPRESS PLATFORM
Keywords:Recommender Systems, Movie Recommender Systems, Information filtering, Data
The rapid growth of data collection has led to a new era of information. Data is being used to create more efficient systems and this is where Recommendation Systems come into play. Recommender systems are among the most effcient tools for information filtering to improve the quality of search results and provide items that are more relevant to the search item or are realted to the search history of the user, especially from big data on Internet. Among those, movie recommendation systems are the useful tools to assist users in classifying them with similar interests. This makes them a central part of websites and e-commerce applications. This paper aims to describe the implementation of a movie recommender system built on the Wordpress platform to be able to take advantage of the plugin support system and outstanding management and statistical features. The obtained results indicate that the proposed approach may provide high performance regarding reliability, efficiency, and accuracy. Moreover, the user-friendly interface and suitable display for devices ranging from desktop to mobile devices are also the advantages.
Wang, Z., Yu, X., Feng, N., & Wang, Z.. An improved collaborative movie recommendation system using computational intelligence. Journal of Visual Languages & Computing, 25(6), 2014, 667–675. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvlc.2014.09.011
Katarya, R., & Verma, O. P.. An effective collaborative movie recommender system with cuckoo search. Egyptian Informatics Journal, 18(2), 2017, 105–112. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eij.2016.10.002
Zhang, S., Jin, Z., & Zhang, J.. The dynamical modeling and simulation analysis of the recommendation on the user–movie network. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and Its Applications, 463, 2016, 310–319. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physa.2016.07.049
Walek, B., & Fojtik, V.. A hybrid recommender system for recommending relevant movies using an expert system. Expert Systems with Applications, 2020, 113452. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2020.113452
Inan, E., Tekbacak, F., & Ozturk, C.. Moreopt: A goal programming-based movie recommender system. Journal of Computational Science, 28, 2018, 43–50. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jocs.2018.08.004
Herce-Zelaya, J., Porcel, C., Bernabé-Moreno, J., Tejeda-Lorente, A., & Herrera-Viedma, E.. New technique to alleviate the cold start problem in recommender systems using information from social media and random decision forests. Information Sciences, 2020. doi: 10.1016/j.ins.2020.05.071 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ins.2020.05.071
Ojagh, S., Malek, M. R., Saeedi, S., & Liang, S.. A location-based orientation-aware recommender system using IoT smart devices and Social Networks. Future Generation Computer Systems, 108, 2020, 97–118. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2020.02.041
Quijano-Sánchez, L., Cantador, I., Cortés-Cediel, M. E., & Gil, O.. Recommender systems for smart cities. Information Systems, 2020, 101545. doi:10.1016/j.is.2020.101545 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.is.2020.101545
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section