REVIEW OF ENERGY MINIMIZATION TECHNIQUES IN WIRELESS SENSORS NETWORK
Keywords:WSN, Energy, Duty Cycle, MAC, Clustering
The current decade of technology trends adopted the utilization of wireless sensors network. The wireless sensors network integrates with cloud based services and facilitate in every field of social engineering. The success story of sensors based network is utilization of energy. The sensor devices occupied tiny battery for energy. If the energy utilization is not maintained the life of network is expire. In this paper present the review of energy based protocol used in wireless sensor network. The maximum utilization of energy during the sensing of data of sensors node. Some authors used dual duty cycle for the sensing of sensor data and transmit data to sink node.
Shaobo Wu, Jianwei Niu, Wusheng Chou, Mohsen Guizani “Delay-Aware Energy Optimization for Flooding in Duty-Cycled Wireless Sensor Networks” IEEE Transactions On Wireless Communications, Vol-15, 2016. Pp 8449-8462. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2016.2615296
Guodong Sun, Bin Xu “Dynamic Routing Algorithm for Priority Guarantee in Low Duty-Cycled Wireless Sensor Networks” WASA 2010, Pp 146–156. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-14654-1_19
Messaoud Doudou, Djamel Djenouri, and Nadjib Badache “Survey on Latency Issues of Asynchronous MAC Protocols in Delay-Sensitive Wireless Sensor Networks” IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, VOL. 15. 2013. Pp 582-551.
Koen Langendoen “Medium Access Control in Wireless Sensor Networks” Delft University of Technology, 2007.
Hang Shen, Guangwei Bai “Routing in wireless multimedia sensor networks: A survey and challenges ahead” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 2016. Pp 30-49. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2016.05.013
Nessrine Chakchouk “A Survey on Opportunistic Routing in Wireless Communication Networks” IEEE Communication Surveys & Tutorials, VOL. 17, 2015. Pp 2214-2251. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/COMST.2015.2411335
Yanchao Zhau, Wei Liu, Wenjing Lou, Yuguang Fang “Location-Based Compromise-Tolerant Security Mechanisms for Wireless Sensor Networks” IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS IN COMMUNICATIONS, VOL. 24, 2006. Pp 1-14. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2005.861382
Jennifer Yick, Biswanath Mukherjee, Dipak Ghosal “Wireless sensor network survey” Computer Networks 52 2008. Pp 2292–2330. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2008.04.002
Dan Chen, Zhixin Liu, Lizhe Wang, Minggang Dou, Jingying Chen, Hui Li “Natural Disaster Monitoring with Wireless Sensor Networks: A Case Study of Data-intensive Applications upon Low-Cost Scalable Systems” Springer 2013. Pp 1-14.
Jinfang Jiang, Guangjie Han, Hui Guo, Lei Shu, Joel J.P.C Rodrigues “Geographic multipath routing based on geospatial division in duty-cycled underwater wireless sensor networks” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 2015. Pp 1-15.
Oswald Jumira, Riaan Wolhuter, Sherali Zeadally “Energy-efficient beaconless geographic routing in energy harvested wireless sensor networks” John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., 2012. Pp 1-27. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/cpe.2838
Xuan Hung Le, Sungyoung Lee, Ismail Butun, Murad Khalid, Ravi Sankar, Miso (Hyoung-IL) Kim, Manhyung Han, Young-Koo Lee, and Heejo Lee “An Energy-Efﬁcient Access Control Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks based on Elliptic Curve Cryptography” Journal of Communications and Networks, VOL. 11, 2009. Pp 599-607. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/JCN.2009.6388413
Dianbo Zhao, Kwan-Wu Chin and Raad Raad “Approximation algorithms for broadcasting in duty cycled wireless sensor networks”, Wireless Network, 2014, Pp 2219-2236. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11276-014-0732-z
Guangjie Han, Yuhui Dong, HuiGuo, Lei Shu and Dapeng Wu “Cross-layer optimized routing in wireless sensor networks with duty cycle and energy harvesting”, Wireless Communications And Mobile Computing, 2014, Pp 1-25.
Zhuangbin Chen, Anfeng Liu, Zhetao Li, Young-June Choi, Hiroo Sekiya and Jie Li “Energy-Efficient Broadcasting Scheme for Smart Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks”, Hindawi, 2017, Pp 1-18. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/7538190
Messaoud Doudou, Djamel Djenouri and Nadjib Badache “Survey on Latency Issues of Asynchronous MAC Protocols in Delay-Sensitive Wireless Sensor Networks”, IEEE, 2013, Pp 528-550. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/SURV.2012.040412.00075
Mohammad Hossein Anisi, Gaddafi Abdul-Salaam, Mohd. Yamani Idna Idris, Ainuddin Wahid Abdul Wahab and Ismail Ahmedy “Energy harvesting and battery power based routing in wireless sensor networks”, Springer, 2015, Pp 1-18.
Gaddafi Abdul-Salaam, Abdul Hanan Abdullah, Mohammad Hossein Anisi, Abdullah Gani and Abdulhameed Alelaiwi “A comparative analysis of energy conservation approaches in hybrid wireless sensor networks data collection protocols”, Telecommun System, 2015, Pp 1-22. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11235-015-0092-8
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section