A SFPM METHOD FOR INDIAN AUTOMOBILE RANGE PLATE RECOGNITION
Keywords:Gray Image, Segmentation, Image Classification, Fuzzy System, Pattern Matching
Automobile range plate recognition is a challenging task in cyber crime. The numbers are stated of being in the automobile range plate, that is different shape and pattern in different countries. In India the automobile range plate uses white as background and black as foreground colour. In this paper we propose a SFPM methodology, first we find out the shape of license plate then enhance the image and calculate the characters of the license plate by using segmentations method. At the end of algorithm we apply fuzzy and pattern matching for character recognition. In our work we use two databases, first database store different-2 alphabet format and second database store a different-2 format of number.
Sourav Roy, Amitava Choudhury, Joydeep Mukherjee.,” An Approach towards Detection of Indian Number Plate from Vehicle” International journal of Innovative Technology & Exploring Engineering(IJITEE)Volume-2, Issue-4, March 2013 .
Shan. Du, Mohamed.Shehata, Wael. Badawy,”Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR):A State-of –the-Art Review” IEEE Vol. 23, No.2, June 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSVT.2012.2203741
P.Anishiya, Prof. S. Mary Joans, “Number Plate Recognition for Indian Cars Using Morphological Dilation and Erosion with the Aid OfOcrs.” International Conference on Information and Network Technology, Vol.4, 2011.
S. H. Kasaei.,S. M. Kasaei, " Extraction and Recognition of the Vehicle License Plate for Passing Under Outside Environment." IEEE 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/EISIC.2011.50
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section