PREDICTION OF BASALT FIBER REINFORCED CONCRETE PAVEMENT BENDING STRENGTH VALUES
Keywords:Basalt, Basalt Fibers, Artificial Neural Network, Concrete, Basalt Fiber Reinforced Concrete
This paper proposes the potential of artificial neural network (ANN) system for estimating the bending strength values of the basalt fiber reinforced concrete pavements. Three main influential parameters; namely basalt fiber ratio, density and slump value of the fresh concrete were selected as input data. The model was trained, tested using 400 data sets which were the results of on-site experiment tests. ANN system results were also compared with the experimental test results. The research results showed that the proposed models have strong and accurate prediction ability for the basalt reinforced concrete pavement composites.
Ağar, E., Öztaş, G., Sütaş, İ., Concrete Roads. Istanbul Technical University Publications, Istanbul, 1998.
Taşdemir, Y., Ağar, E., Concrete Roads Which can be Compressed with a Road Roller, Ready Mixed Concrete Magazine, 9, 2002, 51.
Papagiannakis, A. T., & Masad, E. A., Pavement design and materials. John Wiley & Sons. 2017.
Krayushkina, K., Khymerik, T., Skrypchenko, O., Moshkovskyi, I., & Pershakov, V., Investigation of Fiber Concrete for Road and Bridge Building, Procedia Engineering, 187, 2017, 620-627. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2017.04.422
Kong, L., Zhang, B., & Fang, J., Study on the Applicability of Bactericides to Prevent Concrete Microbial Corrosion, Construction and Building Materials, 149, 20171-8. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2017.05.108
Nanni Antonio, Fatigue Behavior of Steel Fibre Reinforced Concrete, CemConcr Compos 13(4), 1991, 239–245. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0958-9465(91)90029-H
Dehghan, A., Peterson, K., & Shvarzman, A., Recycled Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer Additions to Portland Cement Concrete, Construction and Building Materials, 146, 2017, 238- 250. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2017.04.011
Yıldızel, S. A., Kaplan, G., & Öztürk, A. U., Cost Optimization of Mortars Containing Different Pigments and Their Freeze-Thaw Resistance Properties, Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/5346213
K. Afshinnia, P.R. Rangaraju, Influence of Fineness of Ground Recycled Glass on Mitigation of Alkali–Silica Reaction in Mortars, Constr. Build. Mater. 81, 2016, 257–267. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.02.041
Dal Lago, B., Taylor, S. E., Deegan, P., Ferrara, L., Sonebi, M., Crosset, P., & Pattarini, A., FullScale Testing and Numerical Analysis of a Precast Fibre Reinforced Self-Compacting Concrete Slab Pre-Stressed With Basalt Fibre Reinforced Polymer Bars, Composites Part B: Engineering, 128, 2017, 120-133. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2017.07.004
Chunmei, G. A. O., & Weijie, W. U., Using ESEM to Analyze the Microscopic Property ofBasalt Fiber Reinforced Asphalt Concrete, International Journal of Pavement Research andTechnology,2017.
Li, W., & Xu, J., Mechanical Properties of Basalt Fiber Reinforced Geopolymeric Concrete Under Impact Loading, Materials Science and Engineering: A, 505(1), 2009, 178-186. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2008.11.063
Yıldızel, S. A., Kaplan, G., Öztürk, A. U., & Arslan, Y., Freeze-Thaw Resistance Of LightColoured Basalt Fibre Reinforced Concrete Used For Concrete Paving, Journal of Engineering Research and Applied Science, 3(2), 2015, 252-259.
Dong, J. F., Wang, Q. Y., & Guan, Z. W., Material Properties Of Basalt Fibre Reinforced Concrete Made With Recycled Earthquake Waste, Construction and Building Materials, 130, 2017, 241-251. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2016.08.118
Shahin, M. A., Jaksa, M. B., & Maier, H. R., Artificial Neural Network Applications In Geotechnical Engineering, Australian Geomechanics, 36(1), 2001, 49-62.
Kutlak, H., Isik, M., Uygur, I., Ozgan, E., & Arslan, Y., Analysis of The Operating Torques Via Anfis Of Stabilizer Connection Parts That Is One Of The Front Suspension Equipment, Journal of Engineering Research and Applied Science, 6(1), 2017, 583-589.
Yıldızel, S. A., & Öztürk, A. U., A Study on the Estimation of Prefabricated Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete Panel Strength Values with an Artificial Neural Network Model, CMC, 52(1), 2016, 41-52.
Sierra, J. E., & Santos, M., Modelling Engineering Systems Using Analytical and Neural Techniques: Hybridization, Neuro computing, 271, 2018, 70–83. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2016.11.099
Das, S. K., & Basudhar, P. K. Utilization of Self-organizing Map and Fuzzy Clustering For Site Characterization Using Piezocone Data, Computers and Geotechnics, 36(1), 2009, 241-248. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compgeo.2008.02.005
Yang, Y. X., & Lian, J., Basalt Fiber Reinforced Concrete, In Advanced Materials Research 194, 2011, 1103-1108. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.194-196.1103
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section