COMPARISON OF MPPT ALGORITHMS FOR PHOTOVOLTAIC SYSTEMS UNDER UNIFORM IRRIADIANCE BETWEEN PSO AND P&O
Keywords:Perturb and Observe [P&O], Particle Swarm Optimization [PSO], Maximum Power Point Tracking [MPPT], Photovoltaic [PV] System
This paper shows a Comparison between Conventional Method [P&O] and particle swarm optimization [PSO] Based on MPPT Algorithms for Photovoltaic Systems under uniform irradiance and temperature. The main idea is to show that PSO method has a very high tracking speed and has the ability to track MPP under different environmental conditions in addition to an easy hardware implementation using a low-cost microcontroller. MATLAB simulations are carried out under very challenging conditions, namely irradiance and temperature, which reflect a change in the load [KW]. The proposed PSO tracking method Results will be compared with conventional method called [P&O] through MATLAB/SIMULINK.
Y. S. Xiong, S. Qian, and J. M. Xu, “Research on constant voltage with incremental conductance MPPT method,” in Proceedings of the Power and Energy Engineering Conference, March 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/APPEEC.2012.6307155
K. H. Chao and C. L. Chiu, “Design and implementation of an intelligent maximum power point tracking controller for photovoltaic systems,” International Review of Electrical Engineering, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 3759–3768, 2012
N. Femia, D. Granozio, G. Petrone, G. Spagnuolo, and M. Vitelli, “Predictive and adaptive MPPT perturb and observe method,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 934–950, 2007 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.2007.4383584
Y. Liu, D. Xia, and Z. He, "MPPT of a PV system based on the particleswarm optimization," in Electric Utility Deregulation andRestructuring and Power Technologies (DRPT), 2011 4th InternationalConference on, 2011, pp. 1094-1096. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/DRPT.2011.5994058
A. N. A. Ali, M. H. Saied, M. Z. Mostafa and T. M. Abdel-Moneim, "A survey of maximum PPT techniques of PV systems," in Energytech, 2012 IEEE, 2012, pp. 1-17
A. Durgadevi, S. Arulselvi and S. Natarajan, "Study and implementation of maximum power point tracking (MPPT) algorithm for photovoltaic systems," in Electrical Energy Systems (ICEES), 2011 1st International Conference on, 2011, pp. 240-245 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICEES.2011.5725336
T. Esram and P. L. Chapman, "Comparison of Photovoltaic Array Maximum Power Point Tracking Techniques," Energy Conversion, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 22, pp. 439-449, 2007 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2006.874230
Y. Kuo, T. Liang and J. Chen, "Novel maximum-power-point-tracking controller for photovoltaic energy conversion system," Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 48, pp. 594-601, 2001 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/41.925586
O. Santos, J.L., et al., A maximum power point tracker for PV systems using a high-performance boost converter. Solar Energy, 2006. 80(7): p.772-778 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2005.06.014
Femia, N., ET al., Optimization of perturbs and observes maximum powerpoint tracking method. Power Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, 2005.20(4): p. 963-973 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2005.850975
International Science Index, Energy and Power Engineering Vol: 8, No: 4, 2014 waset.org/Publication/9998036
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section