A SUGGESTION TO EVALUATION OF CIVIL ARCHITECTURE: BALIKESIR EXAMPLE
Keywords:Balıkesir Houses, Historical Buildings, Civil Architecture Examples, Spatial Quality
Cities that reflect the characteristics of the era they have existed in have identities they possess that are created through social values and environmental data. One of the important factors in the formation of the identities of cities is buildings bearing historical heritage. The preservation and revitalization of these buildings bearing traces of the past is important for ensuring cultural continuity. Aim: These evaluation studies, which are essential in the context of conservation plans, are inevitable phases to determine the principles of the plans. Method: This study is aimed to propose a method for the architectural spatial and facade evaluation phase, which is essential before conservation decisions. The proposed method is based on a gradation system. Center district Balıkesir/Turkey is determined as the area to test this method. Result: It is proposed that this method explains the systematic way for evaluating architectural features belonging to historic sites whose conservation plans are to be prepared. In the study, traditional buildings are evaluated from the point of their exterior and interior architectural characteristics and classified as different value groups: A, B, C and D. This grouping will be advantageous to conservation decisions. Different technical teams may be organized to be responsible for these various value groups. Conclusion: a different approach for conservation in architecture. This will ensure accurate determination of programmatic work and cost estimates.
Semerci, F., Uğur, B.S., Geleneksel Konya EvlerininMimariDeğerlerininAnalizEdilmesi, UluslararasıHakemliTasarımveMimarlıkDergisi, Kocaeli, Doi: 10.17365/TMD.2017.1.005.x, 2017, 33. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17365/TMD.2017.1.005.x
Ahunbay, Z., TarihiÇevreKorumaVeRestorasyon, YemYayınları, İstanbul, 1996.
Arabacioğlu, F., P., Aydemir, I., (2007). TarihiÇevredeYenidenDeğerlendirmeKavramı, MegaronDergisi, Cilt 2, Sayı 4, 2007, 204-212.
Adams, J., S., “Cities and Their Vital Systems: Infrastructure Past, Present and Future”, Washington, D.C., National Academy Press, 1988, s:108-145
Mazi, F., TarihiÇevreninKorunmasındaSosyo-EkonomikFaktörlerinEtkisi, MevzuatDergisi, Sayı 138, ISSN 1306-0767, 2009.
Kuleli, E., ÖzgünİşleviniSürdüremeyenAnıtlarınYenidenKullanımSorunları, DEÜ, Fen BilimleriEnstitüsü, YüksekLisansTezi, İzmir, 1998.
Tekeli, İ., KentselKorumadaDeğişikYaklaşımlarÜzerineDüşünceler, Türkiye II. DünyaŞehircilikGünüKolokyumu, Ankara, 1989.
Özer, B., OlumluveOlumsuzUygulanışlarıylaMimariYaratmadaTarihveGeleneğinYeri, YapıDergisi, s: 35, 36-38, İstanbul, ISSN 1300-3437, 1989.
Gabriel, A., UneCapitaleTurque, Brousse, Paris, 1958.
Eyüce, A. GelenekselYapılarveMekânlar, 2005.
Koçan, N., Çorbaci, Ö.L., TarihiÇevreleriKorumaSürecindeYeniYaklaşımlar: KongreTurizmi, SafranboluÇarsıÖrneğindeBirAraştırma, MAKÜ FEBED 3(2): 31-36, ISSN Online: 1309-2243, 2012, 31-36.
Semerci, F., Gümüş, B., SivilMimarlıkÖrneklerineBirDeğerlendirmeÖnerisi: AfyonkarahisarÖrneği, UluslararasıHakemliTasarımveMimarlıkDergisi, Kocaeli, Doi: 10.17365/TMD.2017.2.6, 2017, 36. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17365/TMD.2017.2.6
Öncü, F.,TarihiBalıkesirEvleri, Balıkesir, 2010.
Bektaş, C., TürkEvi, YEM, İstanbul, 2016.
Eldem, S., H., TürkEvi, TürkiyeAnıtÇevreTurizmDeğerleriniKorumaVakfı, İstanbul, 1989.
Cansever, T., EvveŞehir, İnsanYayınları, İstanbul,1993.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section