AN OPTIMIZED PAGE RANK ALGORITHM WITH WEB MINING, WEB CONTENT MINING AND WEB STRUCTURE MINING
Keywords:PageRank, Web Content Mining, Web Mining, Web Structure Mining, Web Usage Mining
With the rapid increase in internet technology, users get easily confused in large hypertext structure. The primary goal of the web site owner is to provide the relevant information to the users to fulfill their needs. In order to achieve this goal, they use the concept of web mining. Web mining is used to categorize users and pages by analyzing the users‟ behaviour, the content of the pages, and the order of the URLs that tend to be accessed in order. Most of the search engines are ranking their search results in response to users' queries to make their search navigation easier. With a web browser, one can view web pages that may contain text, images, videos, and other multimedia, and navigate between them via hyperlinks. It is very difficult for a user to find the high quality information which he wants. Page Ranking algorithm is needed which provide the higher ranking to the important pages. In this paper, we discuss the improvement of Page ranking algorithm to provide the higher ranking to important pages. Most of the search engines are ranking their search results in response to user’s queries to make their search navigations easier.
Rajman, M., Vesely, M. (2003). From Text to Knowledge: Document Processing and Visualization: a Text Mining Approach, in Proceedings of the NEMIS Launch Conference, International Workshop on Text Mining & its Applications, Patras, Greece, April 2003. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-45219-5_2
Srivastava, J, Cooley, R. Deshpande, M. Tan, P. (2000). Web Usage Mining: Discovery and Applications of Usage Patterns from Web Data, SIGKDD Explorations, l (2):12-23. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/846183.846188
Eirinaki, M. Vazirgiannis, M. (2003). Web Mining for Web Personalization, in ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT), 3(1) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/643477.643478
Kleinberg, M. Hubs, Authorities, and Communities, ACM Computing Surveys, 31 (4), December (1999) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/345966.345982
. Kosala, R. Blockeel, H. (2000). Web Mining Research: A Survey, SIGKDD Explorations, Newsletter of the ACM Special Interest Group on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 2(1):1-15. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/360402.360406
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section