A KINETIC STUDY ON THE OXIDATION OF MALIC ACID BY CHLORAMINES - T IN MICELLAR SYSTEM
Keywords:Kinetic Study, Oxidation, Micellar System, Chloramines
The oxidation of malic acid by chloramine –T with the presence of cationic surfactant e.g.,
cetyltrimethyl ammonium bromide (CTAB) in acetic acid medium has been studied. The
reaction shows first order with respect to [CAT] and fractional order with respect to
[Substrate]. The reaction rate decraeses with increase in concentration of acetic acid. The
reaction has retarding effect on the addition on product (P-Toluene Sulphonamide). The
activation parameters evaluation has been on the basis of temperature variations studied.
A literature survey reveals that very limited information have been available on the oxidation
of malic acid by CAT in micellar system1. This has prompted us to undertake a kinetic study
on this reaction.
Sharma.J and Mushran.S.P., Indian j.Chem 19A, 615 (1976)
Hartley,G.S., Quart Rev. Chemistry .Sec.Q.PP 153- 183 (1948)
Amis.E.S, “Solvent effect on reaction rate and Mechanism Academic Press, New York (1960)
Mukherji.J and Benerji.K.K , Organic Chemistry,46,2323 (1981) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/jo00324a022
Fiegi.F., Spot test in organic Analysis” Elsevier Publishing Co. Amsterdam.331(1956)
Mitchell.J. (Jr), “Organic Analysis” Vol-1, Inter science Publishers, Inc, New York 279 (1953).
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section