STUDY AND ANALYSIS OF CONSUMER BUYING BEHAVIOR IN RETAIL MARKET
Keywords:Consumer behavior, consumer purchase preference, Retail Market
The aim of this study are determining the impact of the most used tools of sales promotion in retail sector such as coupons, sample, price discount and buy one get one free on consumer buying behavior from two aspects are brand switching and customer loyalty. Consumer promotions should stimulate purchases, sustain brand-name recognition, and gain audience participation. Themes are underlying messages. Media should be selected. In this way include direct mail, newspapers, magazines, television, the personal sales force, and group meetings. The duration of a sales promotion is set. The feasibility of shared sales promotions is weighed.
Bawa, K. & Shoemaker, R.W. (1987).The effects of a direct mail coupon on brand choice behavior.Journal of Marketing Research. 24, 370-376 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/002224378702400404
Belch EA, Belch EL. (1996), The effects of reference prices in retail advertisements. Journal of Marketing; 45(2), 61-69.
Belch EA, Belch EL. (1996), The effects of reference prices in retail advertisements. Journal of Marketing; 45, 61-69.
Blackwell, R.D., Miniard, P.W. and Engel, J.F. (2001), “Consumer Behavior”, 9th ed. Fort Worth, TX: HarcourtCollege Publishers.
Blattberg RC, Neslin, S.A. (1990).Sales Promotion, Concepts, Methods and Strategies.New Jersey, Englewood Cliffs.Prentice Hall.
Barry Berman, Joel Evans R. (2007), ―Retail Management a Strategic Approach‖, tenth edition Pearson Education Inc., Dorling Kindersley Publishing Inc.
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section