A NOVEL METHODOLOGY FOR INFILTRATION MODEL STUDIES
Keywords:Infiltration, Double Ring Infiltrometer, Horton’s Model, Kostiakov’s Model, Green Ampt Model, One Way ANOVA, Correlation Coefficient
Infiltration is treated as one of the important parameter of the hydrological cycle as far as ground water recharge is concerned. It depends on soil characteristics such as soil texture, hydraulic conductivity, soil structure, vegetation cover, porosity, permeability, degree of saturation etc. Determination of infiltration rates is useful for mitigation of hydrological riskand reflects the future of ground water resources in the study area. Infiltration of water into the soil is determined by a simple instrument called Double ring infiltrometer. Infiltration models are the empirical formulae developed using infiltration concepts which is used to determine the infiltration rate of soil. One way ANOVA test was performed to find the significance of the infiltration models. In the present study an attempt is made to validate the Horton’s model, Green ampt model and Kostiakov’s infiltration model with observed field data for a residential area, Ernakulam. From the present study significant model for the particular site is determined by using decision factor analysis.
JagdaleSatyawanDagadul and Nimbalkar P. T.(2012): „Infiltration Studies Of Different Soils Under Different Soil [Conditions And Comparison Of Infiltration Models With Field Data‟, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology, Vol.03, Issue 02, pp:154-157,AprilJune 2012
C. L. Jejurkar and Dr. M. P. Rajurkar(2012):, „ Infiltration studies for varying land cover conditions‟, International Journal Of Computational Engineering Research, Vol. 2, Issue No.1, pp: 072-076, Jan-Feb 2012
Christopher O. Akinbile(2010) : „Comparative Analysis of Infiltration Measurements of Two Irrigated Soils in Akure, Nigeria‟, Pelagia Research Library Advances in Applied Science Research, Vol.1, No.1, pp: 49-57, 2010
ParveenSihag, N.K. Tiwari, SubodhRanjan(2017): „Estimation and inter-comparison of infiltration models‟, Journal of the International Water Association, Vol. 31, pp:34–43, April 2017
SreenivasuluDandagala et al. (2016): „A Comparative Study of Infiltration Rate at Selected Sites on Dosalavanka River Basin‟, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Volume 6, Issue 9, pp: 151-154, September 2016
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section