DELINEATION OF TARGET VOLUME FOR BRAIN TUMORS IN RADIOTHERAPY USING ACTIVE CONTOUR SEGMENTATION AND SIMPSON INTEGRATION
Keywords:Delineation, Brain Tumor, Target Volume, Active Contour, Simpson Integration
This research conducts the delineation process for a brain tumor on the radio therapy. Delineation means the imaging process of target volume that is conducted in the beginning of Treatment Planning System (TPS). Target volume consists of gross tumor volume (GTV), clinical target volume (CTV), planning target volume (PTV), and Organ at Risk (OAR). This research aims to delineate target volume and measure the target volume axial brain tumor. The images that are used are Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) including axial, coronal, and sagittal slice. Evaluation is only done with one patient affected by a brain tumor. Delineation process is performed by the active contour segmentation method and volume calculations using Simpson integration method. The delineation of target volume is conducted by segmenting each slice of images moreover they are reconstructed until the three dimension of visualized target volume is obtained. Having done this process, target area and target volume calculations are conducted. This research results range error rate for target area is 0.0006 to 0.0059 and target volume is 0.0001 to 0.0013
KPKN, 2015, Panduan Nasional Penanganan Kanker: Tumor Otak Versi 1.0, BaktiHusada: Kementriankesehatan Republik Indonesia.
Basyid, F. danKusworo A. 2014, Segmentasi Citra Medisuntuk Pengenalan Objek Kankermenggunakan Metode Active Contour, Youngster Physics Journal, Vol.3, No.3, Fakultas Sains danMatematika, UniversitasDiponegoro, Semarang.
Aslian, H., Mahdi, S., Seied, R.M., Farshid, B., M., Mahdi, A., Navid, K., and Pedram, F., 2013, Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Based Target Volume Delineation in Radiation Therapy Treatment Planning for Brain Tumors Using Localized Region-Based Active Contour, Vol. 87, Issue 1, Pages 195-201, Int J RadiatOncolBiolPhys, America. . DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2013.04.049
Sari, R.T.D., Kusworo, A., danChoirul, A., 2014, PengukurandanPenghitungan Volume Phantom dari Citra Computed Tomography (CT) Scan, Youngster Physics Journal, Vol.3, No.4, Fakultas Sainsdan Matematika Universitas Diponegoro, Semarang.
Cherry, P. and Angela, D., 2009, Practical Radiotherapy, Physics and Equipment, 2rd Edition, Wiley-Black Well, Singapore.
Barret, A., Dobbs, J., Morris, S., and Roques, T., 2009, Practical Radiotherapy Planning, Hodder Arnold, an imprint of Hodder Education, an Hachette UK Company. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1201/b13373
Khan, F. M. and Gibbons, J.P., 2014, Physics of Radiation Therapy Fifth Edition, Lippincott Williams & Wilkin, USA.
Prasetyo, E., 2011, Pengolahan Citra Digital Dan AplikasinyaMenggunakan MATLAB, Andi, Yogyakarta.
Chapra, S.C., 2012, Applied Numerical Methods with MATLAB, 3rd Edition, McGraw-Hill, New York.
Sutanta, E., 2004, Algoritma Teknik Penyelesaian Permasalahanuntuk Komputasi, GrahaIlmu, Yogyakarta
How to Cite
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section