PRODUCTION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF NANO-CACO3 FROM CLAMSHELL (GELOINA SP.) BY TOP-DOWN METHOD
Keywords:Nano-CaCO3, Geloina sp., Top-Down Method
The utilization of nano-CaCO3 is currently growing very fast in various fields. The research aims to produce and analyze the properties of nano-CaCO3 from clamshells (Geloina sp.). The production of nan-CaCO3 was done by the top-down process using high-energy milling. The clamshell (Geloina sp.) is the potential resource of nano-CaCO3. The nano-CaCO3 can be produced by the milling process. The main factor that affected the yield is the number of steel balls, while the speed of rotation and number of cycles have a negative effect. The EDX analysis shows that the nano-CaCO3 has high purity. The nano-CaCO3 from clamshell (Geloine sp.) can be applicated as a drug delivery system and catalyst.
Adnyani, N. M. L. G., Febrida, R., Karlina, E., Cahyanto, A., and Made Joni, I. (2020). Synthesis of Nano Calcium Carbonate from Natural CaO by CO2 fine bubbling method. AIP Conference Proceedings, 2219. https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0003072.
Akhwady, R., and Bayuaji, R. (2017). The Influence of Clamshell on Mechanical Properties of Non-Structure Concrete as Artificial Reef. In Asian Journal of Applied Sciences. https://doi.org/10.24203/ajas.v5i2.4620.
Eke-Ejiofor, J., and Moses, R. E. (2019). Preparation and Evaluation of Food Grade Preservatives from Shells of Locally Available Shellfishes. International Journal of Biotechnology and Food Sciences, 7(2), 23–29. https://doi.org/10.33495/ijbfs_v7i2.19.103.
Ismail, R., Cionita, T., Shing, W. L., Fitriyana, D. F., Siregar, J. P., Bayuseno, A. P., Nugraha, F. W., Muhamadin, R. C., Junid, R., and Endot, N. A. (2022). Synthesis and Characterization of Calcium Carbonate Obtained from Green Mussel and Crab Shells as a Biomaterials Candidate. Materials, 15(16). https://doi.org/10.3390/ma15165712.
Kamboj, A., Amjad, M., Ahmad, W., & Singh, A. (2020). A General Survey on Green Synthesis and Application of Calcium Oxide Nanoparticles. International Journal of Health and Clinical Research, 3(2), 41–48.
Kaybal, H. B., Ulus, H., and Avci, A. (2017). Influence of Nano-CaCO3 Particles on Shear Strength of Epoxy Resin Adhesives. Uluslararası Muhendislik Arastirma ve Gelistirme Dergisi, 29–35. https://doi.org/10.29137/umagd.371119.
Liu, X., Chen, L., Liu, A., and Wang, X. (2012). Effect of Nano-CaCO3 on Properties of Cement Paste. Energy Procedia, 16(PART B), 991–996. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2012.01.158.
Mosaddegh, E., Hassankhani, A., Pourahmadi, S., and Ghazanfari, D. (2013). Ball Mill-Assisted Preparation of Nano-CaCO3 as a Novel and Green Catalyst-Based Eggshell Waste : A Green Approach in the Synthesis of Pyrano[4,3-b] Pyrans. International Journal of Green Nanotechnology, 5(1), 1–5. https://doi.org/10.1177/1943089213507160.
Poudyal, L., Adhikari, K., & Won, M. (2021). Nano Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3) as a Reliable, Durable, and Environment-Friendly Alternative to Diminishing Fly Ash. Materials, 14(13). https://doi.org/10.3390/ma14133729.
Ramasamy, V., Anand, P., and Suresh, G. (2017). Biomimetic Synthesis and Characterization of Precipitated Caco3 Nanoparticles Using Different Natural Carbonate Sources : A Novel Approach. In International Journal of Materials Science, 12(3).
Wahyuningsih, K., Jumeri, and Wagiman. (2019). Optimization of Production Process of Nano- Calcium Oxide from Pinctada Maxima Shell by Using Taguchi Method. Indonesian Journal of Chemistry, 19(2), 356–367. https://doi.org/10.22146/ijc.33871.
Widyastuti, S., & Intan Ayu Kusuma, P. (2017). Synthesis and Characterization of CaCO3 (calcite) Nano Particles from Cockle Shells (Anadara Granosa Linn) by Precipitation Method. AIP Conference Proceedings, 1855. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4985488.
Xing, J., Cai, Y., Wang, Y., Zheng, H., and Liu, Y. (2020). Synthesis of Polymer Assembled Mesoporous CaCO3 Nanoparticles for Molecular Targeting and pH-Responsive Controlled Drug Release. Advances in Polymer Technology, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/8749238.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Anwar Maruf, Achmad Basori
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section