THE EFFECT OF REWARD AND RECOGNITION ON EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT (CASE STUDY AT PT. X PART DIRECTORATE H)
Keywords:Rewards, Recognition, Employee Engagement, SmartPLS-Ver 3.0
The progress and development of business science has found that well-managed human resource management is one very effective way of creating a good company. This can also be seen in the company's and its employees' relationships. Engaged employees usually have high loyalty to the company. This study aims to determine the influence of reward and recognition on employee engagement. This study uses a descriptive technique with a quantitative approach. The population studied is Directorate H at PT. X by specializing in employees who have worked for one year or more. Sampling with probability sampling technique to get a sample of 176 people. Data was collected by distributing questionnaires and then processed through Partial Least Square - Structural Equation Modeling (PLS-SEM) analysis using the SmartPLS application. Based on the research results, reward has a positive and significant effect on employee engagement, and recognition also has a positive and significant effect on employee engagement. From these results, the company can maintain a sound reward system and increase recognition by recognizing small things around the company so that employees feel more valued.
Ariawaty, R.R.N. (2019). The Effect of Employee Engagement on Employee Work-Life Balance. Bisma, 13(2), 97. https://doi.org/10.19184/bisma.v13i2.9864.
Baqir, M., Husain, S., Waseem, R., and Anwarul Islam, K.M. (2020). Impact of Reward and Recognition, Supervisor Support on Employee Engagement. American International Journal of Business and Management Studies, 8–21. https://doi.org/10.46545/aijbms.v2i3.256.
Chevalier, S., Colombat, P., Lejeune, J., Guglielmin, B., Bouquet, M., Aubouin Bonnaventure, J., Coillot, H., and Fouquereau, E. (2022). Radiography Recognition of Radiographers in the Workplace : Why it Matters. Radiography, 28(3), 648–653. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radi.2022.05.001.
Hardism. (2021). Partial Least Square Structural Equation Modeling Analysis. (Print I). Yogyakarta : Pustaka Madani.
Hasibuan, S. P. (2019). Human Resource Management. (Revised Edition). Jakarta : PT Bumi Aksara.
Mustafidah, H., and Suwarsito. (2020). Fundamentals of Research Methodology (Print 1). Purwokerto : UM Purwokerto Press.
Pamungkas, S. A. (2018). Employee Engagement, Employee Performance, and Bank Performance from the Perspective of Front Office Employees of Islamic Banks in the City of Bandung. Proceedings of Industrial Research Workshop and National Seminar, 9, 642-647. https://doi.org/10.35313/irwns.v9i0.1108.
Pering, A. A. (2020). Path Analysis Study with Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) Smart-PLS 3.0. Satyagraha Journal.03(02), 28-48.
Rachmana, G., and Raharso, S. (2019). The Effect of Job Characteristics on Work Engagement at Indonesian Airlines. Journal of Business and Investment Research, 5(2), 28–38. https://doi.org/10.35313/jrbi.v5i2.1701.
Rai, A., Ghosh, P., Chauhan, R., and Singh, R. (2018). Improving in-Role and Extra-Role Performances with Rewards and Recognition : Does Engagement Mediate the Process ? Management Research Review, 41(8), 902–919. https://doi.org/10.1108/MRR-12-2016-0280.
Romadhona, Adelia F., and Wahyuningtyas, R. (2019). Commitment and Organizational Culture on Employee Performance at Bank BJB Tamansari Branch. Journal of Business and Management Research 12(1), 24. https://doi.org/10.23969/jrbm.v12i1.1523.
Sadiq, A., Rosita, S., and Aurora Lubis, T. (2022). The Effect of Reward and Recognition on Increasing Employee in-Role and Extra-Role Behavior Mediated by Employee Engagement at PetroChina International Jabung Ltd. Journal of Economic Paradigm, 17(2), 403–414. https://doi.org/10.22437/jpe.v17i2.18926.
Sinambela, L. P. and Sarton. (2021). Quantitative Research Methods : Theoretical and Practice (Edition I, Printing I). Depok : Rajawali Press.
Sucahyowati, H., and Hendrawan, A. (2020). The Effect of Employee Engagement on Performance. Journal of Maritime Transportation Technology Science 2(2), 9–15.
Sugiyono. (2019). Educational Research Methods ; Quantitative, Qualitative, Combination, R&D, and Action Research (Edition III, Printing I). Bandung : Alphabet.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Vhifin Sadilla, Ratri Wahyuningtyas
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- That its release has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with International Journal of Engineering Technologies and Management Research agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or edit it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) before and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
For More info, please visit CopyRight Section